Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sleep mode alarm

adeymars

How do I unlock my car from sleep mode without the alarm going off?
I just can't seem to find a way!

On mine I just unlock it with the key but dont open the door, lock it again with the key and then use the fob as usual and all is well

I couldn't do it on my '98 C2. As soon as I turned the key in the lock (either way) the alarm went off. It didn't happen very often though, as I seldom left it for more than 5 days. I learned to be quick.

On my Turbo, it's no problem, as I get the 10 seconds to turn on the ignition, or I can unlock/lock with the key to wake it up and then use the remote - AS MATHAMB SAYS.

mathamb said:
On mine I just unlock it with the key but dont open the door, lock it again with the key and then use the fob as usual and all is well

+1

Just mechanically unlock car (key in door).
Don't open the door, but now remote receiver has been woken, plip fob to disable alarm.

Mine is only a Sunday car so always left for more than 5 days.Ii just put the key in the drivers lock and turn it anti-clockwise, as though i was locking it (nothing happens as its locked) and then remove key and just unlock in the normal way with the key fob :thumb:

Thanks gents,
Ill try all this on Sunday especially the lock again method.

Not sure if its the same on the 996 but to wake the car on a 997 just lift the door handle.
The keyfob works as normal then. :)

garyw

On my '98 the alarm goes as soon as I turn the key either way.

Like someone else said, I've leaned to be quick :)

If I'm going to leave the car for a week, I usually remote unlock + lock it to stop it sleeping, I don't have battery charge problems, but I rearely leave it for more than 10 days.

- Steve

Just tried the door-handle pull on my 996, no joy.

Key only to wake the system.

Hi All,

I know this has been discussed a thousand times, but just want to clarify.

On my early 98 C2 I don't believe there is a way to wake from sleep mode without the alarm going off.

I've tried the technique of turning the key anti clockwise, then pressing the remote but that doesn't work.

When I unlock on the key I don't get 10secs before it goes off, the alarm sounds straight away and keeps going until I turn the key in the ignition.

Based on other comments I think this is normal for an early car but just checking.

I used to leave it unlocked in the garage to avoid it happening but got a bit nervous about whether the Insurance company would pay out if it was stolen!

That's right - from what I remember I had exactly the same thing with my '98.

It's very annoying!

The only solution was to remember to blip the lock every few days to stop it going into sleep mode.

- Steve

There is a bit of a legend that the early 3.4 RHD cars may have been wired incorrectly from the factory (or rather failed to be re-wired).....

i.e. its only the drivers side door that allows 10 seconds after the door lock mechanism is rolled back, in which to insert the key in the ignition and prove it was intentional

...theory is that it was overlooked that the drivers door isn't always the left one and the car actually thinks its the passenger door that has been breached - cue alarm going off full blast

Someone mentioned that it would be relatively simple to resolve this via the connections in to the control unit.... but not sure of the truth of this, or if anyone has actually done this to resolve the issue

On my 98, if I open the door after more than 5 or so days I just get straight in it and start it up and the alarm stays silent. I always keep it on a CTEK 5 battery conditioner too. Recently, during the very cold weather, keen to take it out for a Sunday breakfast meet, I somehow managed to break the drivers door lock mechanism that resulted in an expensive factory order replacement :(

Ha! That's a really interesting legend, and would eplxain why some people didn't have the problem.

Does the passenger side have a physical lock? I don't remember, would be easy to test if so.

demon said:
There is a bit of a legend that the early 3.4 RHD cars may have been wired incorrectly from the factory (or rather failed to be re-wired).....

i.e. its only the drivers side door that allows 10 seconds after the door lock mechanism is rolled back, in which to insert the key in the ignition and prove it was intentional

...theory is that it was overlooked that the drivers door isn't always the left one and the car actually thinks its the passenger door that has been breached - cue alarm going off full blast

Someone mentioned that it would be relatively simple to resolve this via the connections in to the control unit.... but not sure of the truth of this, or if anyone has actually done this to resolve the issue

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back