Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Best Budget drivers / fun car for very little money !!

RenaultSport Twino 133. Great fun cars, loved mine!

Celica GT4
A biased view, I have 2 and have owned 5 others in various stages of tune
I "know" Alex Yates and Chris Mann from back in their GT4 days

I'd say the cheap and cheerful would include the MX-5, the 172/182 Clios, 1st gen MINI Cooper S, maybe some of the MR2s (I'm not really a Toyota guy so I don't know), and some of the 'JDM' Nissan 180s, the Honda Integras, CTRs... there's a lot from the 90s that would be cool if I was better at spanners and had more garage. 8)

I still miss my Mx5. Cost me around ~3-4k to have it fully spec'd up and was a lot more enjoyable to drive around the lanes than the Porker. Obviously not the same when it comes to Touring, but still! I would love another one, one day.

wasz said:
Suzuki Swift sport.

A singing n/a engine with just enough power

Sub 1000kg

Sub £1500

Takes me back to late 80's early 90's hot hatches.

Agreed. A very underrated car and a great daily.

dt4 said:
Celica GT4

Who me? :?: :dont know:

Never owned a GT4.

Find a good condition looked after RX-8 they are out there for not a lot of money with superb road holding and brakes, a practical purpose designed four seat sports car with a good boot and the jewel in the crown that Rotary engine there is nothing else like it, not the most economical to drive but you will always have a smile on your face if you enjoy your cars.

Treat it properly and they are reliable.

Del.

alex yates said:
dt4 said:
Celica GT4

Who me? :?: :dont know:

Never owned a GT4.

Sorry Alex, must be mistaken ID, there was an Alex Yates on the GT4 owners club forum a few years ago.

It is quite a common name. Many women named their children after me back in the day :cigar:

MaxA said:
1st gen MINI Cooper S

Just purchased a little R53 CS as a daily in exchange for the boring but very trustworthy focus ive owned for 9 yrs.
Always fancied one as a daily.
Quite looking forward to hearing the supercharger whine :thumb:

Recently purchased a Peugeot 306 gti6 for cheap track thrills. Stripped it out, new brakes and track day tyres 1k all in. Great fun and liberating to not worry about bending it.

Just bought my son a Suzuki Swift Sport as his first (well technically 2nd) car.. Cracking little motor

Citroen AX.

The saxo VTS engine drops straight in, as does all the running gear, they handle like a go-kart and are lightweight from the factory. I've had loads and I'd have another tomorrow.

Mate has 240hp from an NA VTS 1.6 engine.

dt4 said:
Celica GT4

I've had one, I was in the club from around 2008-10. Did the Xmas meet up at Skipton I think it was. I was in Leeds at the time too.

Great car, but blew the ringlands when turned the boost up, very common issue.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back