Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 C4S which exhaust tips?

toddy2

Nurburgring
Hi All,
Just noticed a split on one of the lips to one exhaust tip. So decided to replace the pair. Just can't make my mind up on whether to go for the twin ovals or stock singles.

I'd really appreciate thoughts....

Twin ovals (figure of eight) all day long for me....I have the stock singles and whilst they look good the above are much sportier to me! 8)

Twin ovals are more sporting and interesting in my opinion, but most importantly consider a by pass or swap silencers for less restrictive / lighter units if you haven't got PSE. The thing needs to growl !!

It's the stock singles for me, they follow the lines of the bumper cut out better. Also the figure 8 ones are too fussy in my opinion.

Pcq said:
Twin ovals are more sporting and interesting in my opinion, but most importantly consider a by pass or swap silencers for less restrictive / lighter units if you haven't got PSE. The thing needs to growl !!

Cheers, I've got PSE :D

Thanks all for the replies, I'm swaying towards ovals. Just need to see what comes up for sale...

Had twins on my car, changed to singles when I fitted the Carnewal exhaust, looks MUCH better IMO.

Still got the twins in the shed with the old box.

I have the twin figure of 8 ones. Prefer the single ones. Clearly the grass is greener etc!

Need to experiment with mine as I'm not sure they are on right. Can't decide whether the tip should be horizontal to the ground with the stagger of the large to smaller tips following the line of the bumper cutout, or set so that there is an equal angle.

I'm really torn now. Might just need to get both and experiment. If anyone know of either for sale please let me know. Just missed out a mint set on here last week, should have been quicker.

Wot No Pics :eek:

Any excuse :grin:

Quad Tips on mine..

Attachments

• img_8061_124.jpg
    img_8061_124.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 3,895
Its a personal thing imo and I did toy with get the twins at one point. Instead I had the singles on the car refurbed a bit and imo they suit the car perfectly. They also fit the cut outs better.

The 996 is understated and the two singles complement this fact.

I find the quads are a bit of an enigma :?

I do like them but don't quite understand why.. Not why I like them but just - why :?:

toddy2 said:
Thanks all for the replies, I'm swaying towards ovals. Just need to see what comes up for sale...

I have a set of C4S Ovals, used and with scratches underneath but not too bad condition....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back