Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bellowing noise at 5/6 Rpm after service.

Ryan 12

Hi Guys, iv currently got a 997S gen 2.
Iv had the car for 8/9 months now and has recently gone in for a major service.
After having the service done the car has come back with a bellowing noise at high Rpm.
Porsche have tried blaming the after market exhaust that is on, but as i pointed out to them is it didnt do it before ao why would it start now.
Iv told them i will not be taking the car back until this is sorted.

Has anyone else experienced this.

Thank you in advance.

Ryan

Couple of things .. if a turbo then a pipe on the intercooler has come off .

If not then have a good look at the air filter box pipe to throttle houseing .. it may not be on correctly .

Other than that it may well be the exhaust flange studs that have let go .. made of chocolate im afraid .

Sound clip if possible always helps .

Thanks for the prompt reply.
Ill mention that too them, if something needs replacing then so be it. I just want it right.
They just seem to be fobbing me off, making out the vacum pipe was disconnected before it came in but it 100% switched over once the button was pressed. Then they said it was the aftermarket exhaust as the silencer had been removed. Then the technician said it could be the engine mapping, as it adapts to each individual driver. Seems to me they are plucking things out the air, And this is from a Porsche garage.

Thanks again

Ryan

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back