Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996.1 cab C2 manual

05d927df8c7b13bc680de6544f9324cbaac1af11.jpeg

904984e6af18cc9b454036eae89aa01607844d33.jpeg

8024c27b617025d943ccc2323b5bca923ed3b980.jpeg

Yes, something of a shame that you can't really see the intake on our cars once the engine is in place, these would look great in an air cooled style engine bay. Maybe on top of individual throttle bodies...

Dammit said:
...my preferred route would be GT3 buckets with a heating element in, re-trimmed to match the car, but that's £much...

I hope you'll forgive me for saying, but thus far the ££s don't seem to have been a limiting factor in your project, so if you really want the GT3 buckets you should do it. If you compromise and do something else you'll forever be wondering if you made a mistake.

How's the paint job turned out, are you pleased?
best
Mike

Had a note from the painter today:

"Just finishing off some final bits as I had to redo a few bits as I wasn't 100% happy with them and if I can see them then I cant let a car leave without it being right.

I hope to have the everything corrected with just the brakes to finish next week"

Sundayjumper said:
Dammit said:
...my preferred route would be GT3 buckets with a heating element in, re-trimmed to match the car, but that's £much...

I hope you'll forgive me for saying, but thus far the ££s don't seem to have been a limiting factor in your project, so if you really want the GT3 buckets you should do it. If you compromise and do something else you'll forever be wondering if you made a mistake.

Two things on this, thing 1: I don't know if the buckets actually get you any lower, everything I've found on this is anecdotal and not altogether convincing - in the "must do" vein rather than "yes, by 75mm".

Thing 2: the upholsterer is going to see if the existing drivers seat can be modified, and if that works then I'll be happy with that I think - preserves originality and I think that full on race buckets are a bit of a powerful look in a cab, now I'm sure I could carry it off - but maybe not in my tweed jacket.

Dammit said:
No car update (yet), so here's a picture of the stands that turned up today:

26370093158_3db58e0ffe_b.jpg

They are lovely, expensive but lovely. :thumb:

A few conversations to report on, first I called Carbone-pl this morning and spoke to Wojtek, which resulted in the invoice for my duplicate VIN stickers appearing in my inbox at once - duly paid, I'm looking forward to seeing the quality of these. For $30/each I thought it was well worth a go.

Secondly, I had a good conversation with Barry at Multi-tech.

He expanded a little on why he'd judged the first finish that they achieved to not be up to his standards - and that it was necessary to wait a little while for the volatiles in the paint to out-gas before going again else we'd just be storing up problems which might ultimately lead to the car needing to be taken back to bare metal to get a finish that he was happy with.

This display of perfectionism makes me happy that I picked the right place for the paint, which is also going to include painting the (clear) indicator lenses on the (later) Litronic headlamp units to match the amber side-indicators.

Barry noted that my wheel arch liner was cracked so I've asked him to replace it, along with the windscreen seal and the window seals (the latter were squeaking as the flock has worn off, which was driving me nuts).

Paintwork is scheduled to be finished mid-March, then the car goes over to the upholsterers, I'd anticipate getting the car back toward the end of March now, just before I fly to Australia for work.

I need to check the MOT expiry, but the timing may mean that I drive from Multitech straight to Precision to get a further 12 months ticket, we shall see.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back