Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Does anyone know this car?

dp400

Hi All

Im a newbie having just sold my TVR and I'm looking for a 911, probably a 996 C4S, but this 997 has also caught my eye...

https://www.highline-autos.co.uk/used-cars/porsche-911-3-6-997-carrera-2dr-wantage-201705075195661

Im still getting to know 911's and researching which model is right for me but I like the look of this particular 997. One thing that concerns me is that its been for sale at this dealer since May 2017.

Is anyone familiar with this car, do you think it represents good value etc?

Any feedback gratefully received by a 911 novice!

Regards

Dave

:bye:

That's about the most cheapest 911 you'll get. Not
Even headlight washers.

But on paper, 66k, nice 3.6, fsh... for 25 camels ... Maybe a bit stà¨ep...more £21000, it's winter and it's basic.

Make a lovely track car :thumb:

You'll end up paying more for a good 996 C4S I would think. The decision is pretty personal as both share the same power, although the car in this thread has likely got an updated IMS. PASM is a nice touch in the linked car too. 2WD vs 4WD will change the character but again that's up to you.

I ended up in a 997 C2S after initially looking at the 996 C4S. Budget creep had a lot to do with it, but I had missed the boat on really cheap 996's and couldn't really convince myself that the older car was the right move, especially as the newer cars were only marginally more expensive. I still love the looks of a 996 C4S, but the 997 is a really handsome machine and I'm really pleased that I went for the later model. As prices start to converge like this, it made sense to me to go for the newest and best specified car that fell within budget.

Dave, its a low spec 997 3.6 its got PASM the 3.6 didnt come with it as std so thats an extra and its got hard back sports seats again a nice extra
It looks like its midnight blue which is a lovely colour when polished and in the sun .
the 3.6 is regarded as having the stronger less problamatic engine but still get a PPI and borescope as part of your due diligence
IMO it was specced for an older original owner and the condition of the car and interior would go along with that view the rears dont look like the have ever been sat in and niether does the passanger front lol.
its got nice mileage not been a garage queen but not been to the moon and back just very sensible miles for a 911 or its age.
It does have all the markings of a very well looked after and cared for 997
if you feel down the line you want to add a few of the extra nice bits they are readily availabe used or new.
all I would be looking to do would be in time and if you wanted.
change the steering wheel to the round sports gen1 wheel
lower it as the 3.6 sits 10mm higher than a 3.8
change the volcano grey metal interior trim for the S cars Galvarno silver trim
add a better aftermarket amp that alone will make it better than bose sound as the stock speakers are very good and the whole set up is let down by the tiny Porsche amp.
none of those things are a must do its just what I would consider doing.
then your good to go and enjoy your 911 ownership

I like it and if the PPI checks out then its probably only sat around as the S is more popular.
price wise its pretty much on the money but thats not to say it wouldnt be even better with a 23k something price and if its been around a while and the dealer wants to sell cars you may well get it in that ball park of just under 24k

but it cost nothing to test drive it and sound out the dealer .

dont forget in the negotiation it goes like this
no one wants the 3.6, is got low spec no bose no sport chrono ,its not black or grey ,no one wants the stone grey interior, blimey mate you should be begging me to take it off your hands 23k and I will take it off your hands , it will free up the space for you to get some stock you can move and turn over a few times or this old thing can sit here locking up you cash. 8) 8) I am doing you such a favour chuck in a full tank of VMAX

:grin: :grin: :thumb:

I've just upgraded to a gen 2 and have lovely late 2006 3.8s 57000 miles for sale if your interested

Phil 997 said:
....dont forget in the negotiation it goes like this
no one wants the 3.6, is got low spec no bose no sport chrono ,its not black or grey ,no one wants the stone grey interior, blimey mate you should be begging me to take it off your hands 23k and I will take it off your hands , it will free up the space for you to get some stock you can move and turn over a few times or this old thing can sit here locking up you cash. 8) 8) I am doing you such a favour chuck in a full tank of VMAX

And the savvy salesman will think (or even say), 'why are you here then?' :D

Martian said:
Phil 997 said:
....dont forget in the negotiation it goes like this

And the savvy salesman will think (or even say), 'why are you here then?' :D

to which you reply "I was in the area and just passing and it caught my interest" :grin:

good luck in your quest. they're certainly a different beast to a Tiv. which model did you have?

:eek:

Dave, you from Bedford way?

This pic of yours is at my uncle/cousin's garage :D

:thumb:

dp400 said:
brownspeed said:
good luck in your quest. they're certainly a different beast to a Tiv. which model did you have?

This is the TVR sat in my garage at the moment that the new owner is collecting on Friday:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128691640@N04/16531305279

WOW! love the later wedges (my 1st tiv was a 390SE series 2) best sounding TVR IMHO.
wonder if we can start a TVR thread in the 911 forum? :lol:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back