Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Best tuners for 997.1 turbo

tgdesign

Hi Gents

I thought I would put it out there. Looking at a stage 2 tune.
kline exhaust 100 cell cats. Done
Gt2 RS intercoolers Done
BMC filter. Done
upgraded clutch Done

Tune Next on the list

Who tuned your 997 turbos ??
Anyone had any issues ??
Were you pleased with the results ??
Where there claims true??
Please let me know your thoughts.

:worship:

I can recommend Rick at Unicorn motor developments. He is an absolute genius and able to do a lot of trick stuff other tuners can not offer such as flat shifting, launch control and multiple maps. Multiple maps is superb as it allows you to select maps with different boost levels. Or the ability to have a separate map for MS109 fuel etc. As for power claims the man is a scientist so he only deals with accuracy his dyno is accurately calibrated and all is backed up by theoretical calculations. Rick owns a 997.1 turbo so no doubt has spent a lot of time perfecting they model.

You also will not go wrong with 9e. Ken and his team have been tuning these cars for many years.

ESMotor is another tuner to consider
They have claim to the fastest 997 turbos out there - they produce a proven performance product that is developed through competition and that very DNA filters through to the road products.

Have a chat with Nine Excellence who have put years of research into the tuning of these engines, with excellent, safe results. And they don't b/s, they seriously know these cars, they field several calls a day from cars that are in at other garages with problems! I think they have business relationships with the most respected US tuners, as well as being able to do in-house engine builds.

They have looked after my 996 since 2011, and I trust them implicitly. They tend to under promise, and over deliver :)

PS they now also have coffee as good as the OPC.. and a new hire car.. and a 918 to look at while you wait for your car to be serviced! Call Ken or Adam and see what they can do, you've already got a fair bit done :thumbs:

Jibaro said:
Have a chat with Nine Excellence who have put years of research into the tuning of these engines, with excellent, safe results. And they don't b/s, they seriously know these cars, they field several calls a day from cars that are in at other garages with problems! I think they have business relationships with the most respected US tuners, as well as being able to do in-house engine builds.

They have looked after my 996 since 2011, and I trust them implicitly. They tend to under promise, and over deliver :)

PS they now also have coffee as good as the OPC.. and a new hire car.. and a 918 to look at while you wait for your car to be serviced! Call Ken or Adam and see what they can do, you've already got a fair bit done :thumbs:

Agreed, 9e do excellent work and are a pleasure to deal with :thumb:

ESMotor hold pretty much every record globally and i'm one of their happy customers. I can't fault the level of service and support i've had and would recommend them all day.

That said if you choose one of the 3 named already in this thread you won't go far wrong, on the flip side i would think twice about choosing one thats not already been mentioned.

Jibaro said:

^ This.

Nine Excellence took care of mine 18 months ago. I've been delighted with it ever since.
Ken will talk you through options and recommendations in a concise no b/s manner. :thumbs:

911tom said:
I can recommend Rick at Unicorn motor developments. He is an absolute genius and able to do a lot of trick stuff other tuners can not offer such as flat shifting, launch control and multiple maps. Multiple maps is superb as it allows you to select maps with different boost levels. Or the ability to have a separate map for MS109 fuel etc. As for power claims the man is a scientist so he only deals with accuracy his dyno is accurately calibrated and all is backed up by theoretical calculations. Rick owns a 997.1 turbo so no doubt has spent a lot of time perfecting they model.

You also will not go wrong with 9e. Ken and his team have been tuning these cars for many years.

Another top vote for Rick @ Unicorn, as Tom has said he can offer a world of knowledge when it comes to custom tuning.

His dyno is very accurate unlike others and the tune can supported with
V-box data when required.

K9ng said:

You should clarify that quote really as no other tuners have been mentioned here and both 9e & ESMotor also backup their figures with vbox data.

AdeD said:
K9ng said:

You should clarify that quote really as no other tuners have been mentioned here and both 9e & ESMotor also backup their figures with vbox data.

9e and ES do not use a dyno. They are purely reliant on Vbox data. This is no bad thing as it shows real world performance.

Rewind a couple of years back when my car (996 turbo) ran modified K24 turbos, GT2 rs coolers and a 5 bar FPR it made 530hp on Ricks Dyno after he tuned it. I was disappointed but when he went through the calculations and applied the physics he concluded that 530hp was more or less what was physically possible on my stock injectors (440cc from memory) running at 5 bar and the science was inline with the dyno. My car had previously made close to 600hp on another tuners (not one mentioned on this thread) dyno. However on Ricks tune the car felt faster on the road and when I ran it a couple of weeks later at terminal velocity it was faster than most the cars there and made the same top speed as cars running a supposed 600hp+...

Basically you will not go wrong with either Unicorn, 9e or ES. In any order....

Give all 3 a call, all are very approachable IMO

911tom said:
9e and ES do not use a dyno.
ESMotor do now, they offer you the option. They have 3 UK ES700 cars at present all of them have been put on the rolling road and are within 5 or 6 bhp of each other at around 807 / 812bhp at the fly.

I did not know that Ade. How do ES name there kits? Is an ES700 approx. 700WHP?

When I was looking to remap my car I did quite a lot of research. Have a look at various forums especially the US ones as they tend to modify their cars a lot more. I narrowed it down to ES Motor and Markski tuning. These guys have very happy clients around the world and speaking from personal experience markski has amazing customer service. I am looking for my next upgrade, its a slippery slope. Aim is around the 600 hp mark then I promised myself I would stop

Some were using a Dynojet inertia Dyno which gives very American figures!

AdeD said:
K9ng said:

I was merely giving my 1st hand experience, as Tom mentioned you can't go wrong with 9E or ES Motors. Emre and Ken have a wealth of knowledge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back