Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Advice on new exhaust for 997 2009 gen 1.5 Turbo.

Porkee

Hi all

I'm looking to get a louder exhaust, my head is spinning with all the exhaust on the market. I'm moving towards Kline but unsure, anyone have knowledge of the do's and don't's. :dont know: Cheer's

Haven't had one but heard one and Kline is the best, a lot of people on here have fitted them.
If you have a Gen 1.5 then you'll want the same system as a Gen 1. The Gen 2 has a modular system where the cats are separate so you can whip the silencer off and put straight through exhaust on such as the Sharkwerks :D

Difficult to get a Turbo to sound really good due to the nature of them.

Kline

Hi

I have just put a kilne on my turbo :thumbs:
On tickover only a little louder than standard.
But gets louder through the rev range, I haven't tested it flat out yet need a nice dry day. All 4 wheel spinning in the wet is a challenge.
There isn't any cabin drone which is good,
I won't sound like a race car if that what you want, not sure what it would sound like with full de cat.

Thanks guy's think I'm going towards the kline. :thumb: :thumbs:

I've got a de cat Kline full system on mine and its excellent. No noticeable extra noise or cabin drone on a neutral throttle but a lovely howl on boost :thumbs:

Speak to Ken at 9e, they are the UK distributor

buck for buck, , , they are unbeatable

Norfolk & Idea said:
I've got a de cat Kline full system on mine and its excellent. No noticeable extra noise or cabin drone on a neutral throttle but a lovely howl on boost :thumbs:

Just wondering how you get on with the MOT test, does the lack of cats affect the readings on the emissions test?

my Kline is decatted and i have no issues with the MOT

Exhaust looks like it has cats tho !!!

easternjets said:
Norfolk & Idea said:

Just wondering how you get on with the MOT test, does the lack of cats affect the readings on the emissions test?

I've got the pretendy cats :wink:

Kline vote here...

No intrusion /drone at normal speeds , lovely howl when on boost .... can be provoked to pop and burble on the overrun ....sounds the dogs bollocks ....

Pic attached on bench .....a work of art and a joy to behold ....

Attachments

• f9661739_dbaf_400d_b0fd_c52d02e16f2b_616.jpeg
    f9661739_dbaf_400d_b0fd_c52d02e16f2b_616.jpeg
    134.7 KB · Views: 2,434
Kline all the way! I've got a 1.5 and on a recent trip to Italy via Germany my mates all said how awesome it sounded in the long tunnels through the alps :thumbs:

I hope everyone knows that this Gen 1.5 has been made up by owners, is not official and does not really exist !!

Boba fett said:
I hope everyone knows that this Gen 1.5 has been made up by owners, is not official and does not really exist !!

We know but it makes us feel all warm inside :bandit:

911TEL said:
Kline vote here...

No intrusion /drone at normal speeds , lovely howl when on boost .... can be provoked to pop and burble on the overrun ....sounds the dogs bollocks ....

Pic attached on bench .....a work of art and a joy to behold ....

Same as mine. Felix swapped the straight through pipes for 'gutted' cats. He also provided a pair of 200 cell cats in case I ever need them but they're still sitting all shiny on the shelf.
Did you go manifold headers? I couldn't help myself- had to rip out those rusty bolts! Plus 9e recommended I should go Kline equal length headers.
Wish I'd ticked the 'Inconel' box like you now. Very costly though IIRC :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back