Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Girl in a sports car

Alex

After a fab meet with some local lads today, what could be better than chilling in front of the box on a Saturday night and watching what we all love best - cars!

I'm a big fan of some of Chris Rea's stuff and the guys a proper Ferrari petrol head too. What's not to like? :dont know:

The girlfriend has harped on to me for aeons about a movie he made back in the 90s with an amazing soundtrack and loads of action. The film is all about Chris' life as a child and young adult, living in Middlesbrough with Italian parentage and his dream to be an Italian racing driver for Ferrari. We've both never seen it so tonight (after visiting my Dad in hospital after his prostate op. - ok by the way and home tomorrow) we decide to hunt it down and bang it on. Fortunately someone up'ed it on youtube a couple of years ago (excuse the VHS quality) for us all to watch.

The whole film (if a lot slow at the beginning) is quite nostalgic and throughout the film there's some excellent footage of Reims, Monaco, Monza, etc. so well worth a watch.

But the highlight of the film has to be "Girl in a Sports Car" that totally epitomises Women, Cars, Love, racing, etc. that's slowly being sucked out of British culture - seen recently with F1 & boxing (like it's better to use kids at a boxing event than girls :nooo: ). Here's the official video for the beautiful song (on my St Tropez playlist whilst blasting round the riviera with my top off) and below it the full movie.

Enjoy!!! :thumb:

The Movie:

......I'm convinced that's Phil at 5:30 with the straw hat on! :grin:

Not so sure its Phil Alex no shorts :dont know:
Dreams are the most precious thing we have IMHO without these boyhood dreams of driving that 911 turbo cab down to the South of France or a Ferrari through Italian streets or even worse I my case a works spec'd Mini Cooper S on the Col de Turini and then on to the finishers ramp in Monaco ,surely life is about getting out there and living and enjoying the moment .
Looking forward to seeing you and 100's of Porsche's in St Torpez this autumn
:thumb:

Fully agree with you friend, life is a short game, we need to enjoy it's every moment. no boundaries, no fear, My life-My rules.

Love Chris Rea, I used to use his music on road trip movies, here is a snippet of one from years ago :thumb:

Proper thread resurrection :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back