Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fake Crested Wheel Centre's on Ebay

Jam911

Where have all these gone?

None on Amazon too.

I guess Porsche have been cracking down on fakes.

While on the subject what size are the caps for 997 Turbo Gen 1 Wheels ? I might try a set of colour crested ones but not got access to carbto measure them at present! Thanks

I bought a set for my Boxster some years ago, within a couple of years they had faded badly.

Theres also a chap selling them on Boxa.net, I got a set a couple of weeks ago, fit perfect, a variety of colours etc and good prices.

If you want the 60mm ish set let me know coz I just bought those instead of the 75mm ones I needed!

If you're planning on keeping the car for a while, it's worth stumping up the extra cash for genuine ones. In my experience, the eBay cheapies are a poor fit and discolour within a year, and that is without the added brake dust corrosion as I have PCCB's.

Martian said:
If you're planning on keeping the car for a while, it's worth stumping up the extra cash for genuine ones. In my experience, the eBay cheapies are a poor fit and discolour within a year, and that is without the added brake dust corosion as I have PCCB's.

I totally agree with the copycat versions on ebay and gumtree. If I am keeping the car it only ever gets the pukka Porsche centres from my trusty OPC. If it is going to be sold in a year or so it gets the less salubrious copies. They do fit quite nicely, in my experience, but most definitely fade in fairly short order. 12 months is as long as I can put up with them. But they are super cheap! Pays your money etc etc etc :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back