Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Speed nuts for fixing bumper covers

thesmithsUK

Thanks Demort!

I replaced these, be careful as Porsche seemed to be REALLYYYYYY inconsistent with their screw and fastenings on the 964, every area of the car seems to use different sized kit when 1 size would have suited all.

When I had 'rebuilt' my 964, I used the parts diagram order system on the design 911 website to give me sizes and part numbers. Pretty helpful!

MarkGolf said:
I replaced these, be careful as Porsche seemed to be REALLYYYYYY inconsistent with their screw and fastenings on the 964, every area of the car seems to use different sized kit when 1 size would have suited all.

When I had 'rebuilt' my 964, I used the parts diagram order system on the design 911 website to give me sizes and part numbers. Pretty helpful!

Thanks MarkGolf. I followed suit and, using the Design911 diagram, ordered all the correct fixings and new retaining strip from my local OPC (better price plus 10% PCGB discount):

tv5HFa7.jpg

Just put it all together this afternoon. Every old speed nut, washer and screw replaced with new:

PWa77qS.jpg

A very satisfying little job (for obsessives like me!).

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back