Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New to the GT3 club...

911UK said:
Turbojim997 said:
ragpicker said:
Sounds utterly fabulous!

Any pics? Even from the seller if you haven't picked her up yet?

Well I haven't but it was just featured in EVO magazine for new v old feature. Aston Parrott has some shots on his instagram.

I will get some up as soon as I get my grubby mits on her!

These © Aston Parrott

Pretty car...

Welcome to the Speed Yellow club :thumb:

Congrats, you beat me to it by just 12hours, I got the call whilst driving to see it that you'd paid a deposit :evil:
Treat her well it looks an amazing car with a very fine service history.

NENO said:
Congrats, you beat me to it by just 12hours, I got the call whilst driving to see it that you'd paid a deposit :evil:
Treat her well it looks an amazing car with a very fine service history.

Ahh apologise for that. But she will be taken care of but thoroughly worked out around back roads and tracks of UK and Europe.

Hope you find a GT3 soon we should have a Mk1 owners track day 😂

You lucky man!

Joint best Mk1 colour too, along with Guards.
Enjoy it! Awesome cars. :thumb:

Turbo is staying..... unless the wife is reading this then the one I like least will be sold in due course....... due course being when I die...... which again if she is reading this could be soon....

Love this, made me chuckle this morning. Well done old boy, great choice of cars. [/b]

Turbojim997 said:
Ahh apologise for that. But she will be taken care of but thoroughly worked out around back roads and tracks of UK and Europe.

Definitely no need to apologise :mrgreen:
Off to see another this week so we'll see where that leads.

NENO said:
Turbojim997 said:

Definitely no need to apologise :mrgreen:
Off to see another this week so we'll see where that leads.

Another Mk1? Good luck and hope you find a peach.

Just been out in the turbo.... now want the GT3 to be here sitting side by side 😭

Good car, I viewed it in Oct last year. Thought the pricing was a bit strong for the miles and lack of proper seating.

THE most amazing service history/documentation, hopeless tyres (Pirellis, get them gone immediately), questionable geo set up .... awful gearchange (needs binning, setting up properly or a 997 GT3/GT3 RS item fitting).

Apart from that (oh, and ditching the armchair seating arrangements) enjoy for miles of smiles :thumbs:

Tyres will be heading for the bin straight away as I only do Michelin's.

Got proper buckets from my turbo to go in as agree on the seats. Feel like you are sat on them rather than in them.

Been looking at shifter options, trying to do a deal on some cup cables and either 997 RS shifter with metal bushing or numeric racing one.

With regards to geo settings anyone have a decent set of base numbers to start with then can tweak over the year?

Agree on Michelins for a road car.
Cup cables ? Probably unnecessary, stick with standard items (fit new if in any doubt) and at 100k miles there will be. Go Gen 2 997 GT3 RS shifter or if you want the best, fit the Manthey unit, but it's not cheap.

Geo, I'd go standard but increase the front and rear cambers a tad, just be aware with some decent tyres on, it'll be lot more pointy than your Turbo (at least if your Turbo is stock). Just as important as geo is the ride heights/front to rear rake.
IIRC the car had new/refurbed dampers and springs fitted by JZM ? if so the ride heights shouldn't be too far out (the rear springs sag with age, and all the springs corrode).

Slippydiff said:
Agree on Michelins for a road car.
Cup cables ? Probably unnecessary, stick with standard items (fit new if in any doubt) and at 100k miles there will be. Go Gen 2 997 GT3 RS shifter or if you want the best, fit the Manthey unit, but it's not cheap.

Geo, I'd go standard but increase the front and rear cambers a tad, just be aware with some decent tyres on, it'll be lot more pointy than your Turbo (at least if your Turbo is stock). Just as important as geo is the ride heights/front to rear rake.
IIRC the car had new/refurbed dampers and springs fitted by JZM ? if so the ride heights shouldn't be too far out (the rear springs sag with age, and all the springs corrode).

Cheers for the heads up, seems to be a few options on the shifter. My turbo has a factory fit SSK and is nice and smooth unless it's really cold. Will do some more reading.

My turbo is on Ohlins and I run it with a bit more rake than normal, soft is front and slightly stiffer rear which has dialled out most of the understeer. It's a lot pointier than it was but still nothing compared to the Gt3. On the test drive I almost questioned whether everything was ok but a good friend has a 996 RS and said it's a trait of the car so guess it's just something new to adapt to. Good excuse to start racking up the miles!

Tyres is a tricky one as looking online the only options as PS2 or Cup2's. I don't rate the PS2 so guess cups it if. Annoying the new PS4 are not available for the rear as I run the Ps4S on the turbo and they are brilliant.

Anyway keep the advice coming like to consider all the options

The cup2 tyres on my 7.1GT3 were my first tyre of that type, always PS2 previously. I've been very impressed and reassured over the winter so far, they move around a bit in the cold/wet, but not that much more than the PS2. By all accounts they stick like glue in the warm and dry, wouldn't want to try them in standing water though :eek:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back