Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

showroom appeal

timm996

I was in parts at notts opc as normal buying a 50 quid hose whilst enjoying the coffee, when I had a nose around the cayman 781. I have never wanted to change my 996 and probably never will. I walked around the cayman a few times and thought, this is quite like my 996 in size and proportions, I now like the rear on it, the inside looks 911 ish, the front and lights are a bit Ferrari ish but not too bad, I actually like it.
Came home told the wife, she said get one, you know how happy a porsche makes you.
Seeds are now planted, it wont be today, not even this year, but one day a new one will be mine and the 996 will be in the holiday home as a runaround.
We are very lucky, we live in an age when the unthinkable dreams of a child with a toy porsche( ( a 70's targa) when the neighbours drove an austin princess, are replaced by the dreams becoming reality. Dont know how I got here, but I am eternally grateful.

Wow, great sentiment. Not thought about it all like that for some time.
It's hard to remember that when you're beating and grinding metal to within an inch of it's life :grin: Hope you treat yourself soon and get that warm and fuzzy feeling.
Great post, made me stop and think :thumb:

Good on yer Timm996 :thumb:

I have the same situation in the sense that I could probably afford to buy a new 911, but getting it past Mrs Porschekit would be the barrier.... :hammer: :grin:

She's the type of lady who when asked "what kind of car is that dear?" she replies "A red one" :eek:

:grin:

Great post :thumb:

Would be interesting to see if those sentiments changed once you started one up though, as a current Porsche owner I think you may find the aural experience a bit rough on the ears :hand:

718 with PSE sounds great to me :thumb:

:roll:

Mmmmm they sound crap to my ears, compared to how a porsche should / the 981 does sound. No doubt there will be a few who like the harsher less sublime sound but the vast majority of those will be coming from a turbo diesel background :hand:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back