Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Service OPC or Indy

Supporting invoices, for me, carry more weight than the Indy/OPC debate. Either are fine as long as the work carried out can be backed up with supporting paperwork.

I like to see a thick file of receipts handed to me with a stamped up book and I continue this exercise until sale time.

My biggest regret was going to my indie purely because it was 1 minute walk from my house with my 997.1 c2s , it wasn't the price just the convenience , anyway I won't name them as 2 sides to every story but that was the start of my troubles replacing sensors etc when they were working fine but I thought they knew what they were doing.

I remember getting quoted £190 to replace my oil sensor then a phone call to say I need to take your engine out to remove the sensor so when I went to pay the bill it was almost £600. The annoying thing was my local OPC were £10 cheaper and knew what they were doing, I also worked offshore with an ex Porsche mechanic and he explained the process, they clearly never knew their stuff and when I complained I was told ' these knew Porsche's are more complicated' :floor:

Anyway problem was bore scoring not temp sensor and to answer the original question because I went to an Indy with my at that time just over 3 yr old car there was no way they would help me , so after my hartech rebuild I would say they would be only indie I would use purely because of their reputation and of course to keep on top of their rebuild.

I'm selling my car now so for my last service I went to OPC for piece of mind to who ever buys it .

wildej said:
My car is due a major service and I'm stuck between keeping the OPC stamps in the service book or going to my indy.

Mines a 2010 C4S with 51k on the clock.

Would an indy stamp in the service book put people off if I came to sell the car ?

Cheers
Jon

Thanks for this post Jon, made a very interesting read. I to have a C4S 09 with a full OPC service history. I got the car from Chiswick in May last year and it had a major service done when I bought it, plugs, PDK oil and the rest so I wont be needing a major one for a while and only an oil/filter and ??? in 2019.
I think as it has a full OPC stamped book I will go back for any other service to them, but for any other work I'll be going to a local indi.
I was thinking of going to an indi for an extra oil/filter change this year as I haven't/wont be doing to many miles in it (around 3 1/2k) but when I asked at the OPC in Dec when I took it for its MOT the salesman said I would be throwing away £400 and it wasn't needed...I havent decided yet if i will do or not !

Swamps :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back