Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 C4S Manual

SGH said:
Would the tinted rear 1/4 glass and rear screen have been a factory option?

if they are not film then it might have been specced for hot country or super hot country but its not listed as an option :?: but it wouldnt suprise me as that car has some quite unusual options boxes ticked eg the external door mirror triangle colour coded white so whoever specced that car was not worried about the cost and wanted it just how they wanted it. :thumb:

T8 said:
The lack of a sunroof would also be considered by some as low spec'.

I suspect that the first owner of this car was looking to save weight.

I told you not to mention that Terry :hand: What type of mad man would turn down multiple 911s because they did not have a top heavy sunroof...

tordofm said:
T8 said:
The lack of a sunroof would also be considered by some as low spec'.

I suspect that the first owner of this car was looking to save weight.

I told you not to mention that Terry :hand: What type of mad man would turn down multiple 911s because they did not have a top heavy sunroof...

:floor: :floor: :floor: :thumb:

SGH said:
Deposit down on the white C4S today subject to PPI :Dance-Tap:

nice one :thumb: enjoy mate :thumb:

:? What is it with car dealers ?

I asked the question before viewing this vehicle yesterday will you be prepared to take for OPC PPI that i pay for and this was agreed. Now I have agreed to buy the vehicle the dealer started dicking me about over getting it to a OPC for PPI so have had to pull out of the purchase.

All i can assume is he's got something to hide.

SGH said:
:? What is it with car dealers ?

I asked the question before viewing this vehicle yesterday will you be prepared to take for OPC PPI that i pay for and this was agreed. Now I have agreed to buy the vehicle the dealer started dicking me about over getting it to a OPC for PPI so have had to pull out of the purchase.

All i can assume is he's got something to hide.

Who's the dealer Simon :?:

One for discussion over :food: tomorrow morning.

If they're offering an OPC warranty it must be a car they are selling on behalf of the owner. If you've offered the full asking price I can't see why they are getting snotty about driving it to Tonbridge - unless they've got another interested party who isn't so enlightened as you.

If you point out to them that there's a new OPC at Sidcup they might consider it as it's a far better journey for them.

NB: If the warranty is transferrable then buying the car shouldn't be an issue as everything important would be covered anyway. If the warranty runs to September 2019 it could only have been applied in September 2017 so there shouldn't be any other problems so soon after.

Thinking about it more.

IF they've taken ownership of the car it may be a problem for them to take it to Tonbridge OPC for a 111 point check as Tonbridge would know the previous owner.

It's obviously your call but if it is a 'Sale or Return' and the warranty is transferrable it's probably a safe purchase but I'd re-negotiate the sale price.

Good Luck

He is selling on behalf of the owner so warranty transferable, my main
concern was getting checked out by OPC for any issues and over rev check as it's a manual.

If it was over-revved before September 2017 it wouldn't have got a new warranty.

FYI the mileage at it's last MOT in August was 32,887.

'MOT checker' shows up something interesting. The car had done 22,433 miles in its first 3 years (to 9/13) and has done only 10.5k in the last 4.5 years.

It looks like it was used regularly early on and sparingly since. That's not necessarily something to be suspicious of but I'd be wondering what circumstances caused the change of use.

It has been owned from new by the Da Haan's (Saga) I guess they have more than one car.

He showed me all invoices including purchase invoice and mots etc.

It's a lot of cash for a first Porsche so I understand your concern but it looks like a great car to me. I hope you don't end up kicking yourself.

Stick to your guns. If 111 point inspection was agreed then agreed it was.

Why would a dealer not go through with this minor inconvenience if he was not hiding something? I would now be highly suspicious and only a clean bill of health from OPC would put my mind at rest. T8 is right about it going back to Tonbridge as they know the car.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back