Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GMUND Cars and current scary experience

Indeed...Gmund still trading, so surely they should be contacted for right of reply.

Ghost has already gone elsewhere as a result, it would be a shame if Gmund lost business on the basis of unfounded internet scuttlebut from a one or two time poster.

Osh said:
The OP was in Jan 2017 - over a year ago now.

Is it posisble that someone at 911uk-Towers could contact the OP and ask him how things have gone since then...?? Maybe you have his registered email address...??

I'd love him to post an update;
- Did he get this sorted out...??
- Did he get his money
- How long and how difficult was it...??
- God forbid, did he lose all his money on this...??
- Is he still tied up in legals...??

Whats the score - would be good for us all to know and update knowledge on a source of Porsches for sale...

Just my 2' worth

Osh

Osh

I've contracted the OP in respect to this, not sure how this was previously missed, hopefully this has been resolved satisfactorily ??

I saw the dates and read 28 Jan and 29 Jan then followed up by 01 Feb but didnt clock it was Jan 2017 to Feb 2018, so not a few days!

cheers

Phil 997 said:
All I can say is if someone had my car or 75k of my money , trust me they would not for very long, as the boys and I would be having a friendly chat with them. 8) :x 8)

Seems strange that owed that sort of money but no mention of going to face to face them, and just accepting a fob off on the phone, maybe over a couple of grand but not that sort of money , I would be down there pronto and leaving with car or dosh :grin: :thumb:

100%. I've done worse for less, much less money than the OP is talking about. It's amazing how persuasive an ornamental Fijian War Axe can be in certain situations :bandit:

:eek: I'm still wondering how a 996TT Cab can go for 75 bags as that's near 997.2 territory :what:

What does the paperwork say as that is my starting point in terms of contractual agreement you made? Armed with that I'd be camped out in Gmund's showroom wanting my dough and wouldn't leave until I got it or big Phil and his chums could travel up from Bournemouth for a show of strength :bandit:

Two posts then no response , angry customer internet wind up.

The only 996 Turbo S cabby showing as sold on their site was up for £69995.

Rhodris-dad said:
Wasn't £75k a lot of money in 2017 for a 996 Turbo S? :?:

Low miles + all the hype that was last year

Interested to see how this worked out..

Re. Gmund - I bought a 964 turbo from them in April 2006, as did a friend of mine around the same time. Let's just say neither of us would ever buy from them again.

For anyone thinking of selling their car via Gmund on a SOR, I would suggest they read this thread on the Impact Bumpers Forum.

This is not the first time I have read a post from someone seeking help having sold a 911 on a SOR via Gmund and not having received the proceeds months later. DDK had a thread a while ago from another "customer" and I also saw another thread posted on Gmunds Facebook page complaining of the same thing.

https://www.impactbumpers.com/forum...mund-cars/page/3/&tab=comments#comment-384299

FZP said:
Phil 997 said:
All I can say is if someone had my car or 75k of my money , trust me they would not for very long, as the boys and I would be having a friendly chat with them. 8) :x 8)

Seems strange that owed that sort of money but no mention of going to face to face them, and just accepting a fob off on the phone, maybe over a couple of grand but not that sort of money , I would be down there pronto and leaving with car or dosh :grin: :thumb:

100%. I've done worse for less, much less money than the OP is talking about. It's amazing how persuasive an ornamental Fijian War Axe can be in certain situations :bandit:

Ha! Ha! I've real live Fijians in my family to accompany the axe! Always useful to have friends/family with no necks in such delicate situations where diplomacy is required!

closer to the edge said:
For anyone thinking of selling their car via Gmund on a SOR, I would suggest they read this thread on the Impact Bumpers Forum.

This is not the first time I have read a post from someone seeking help having sold a 911 on a SOR via Gmund and not having received the proceeds months later. DDK had a thread a while ago from another "customer" and I also saw another thread posted on Gmunds Facebook page complaining of the same thing.

https://www.impactbumpers.com/forum...mund-cars/page/3/&tab=comments#comment-384299

the thread in question has disappeared

"Sorry, there is a problem
We could not locate the item you are trying to view.
Error code: 2F173/O"

but we need a factual review, the car, the details, without this it's just hearsay and the dealer gets away with it

The thread has now been removed because the IB forum owner is not prepared to do battle with business owners and their use of solicitors letters. Here is the equivalent thread on DDK and the explanatory post from the IB forum owner.

http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=64589&hilit=gmund

https://www.impactbumpers.com/forum/index.php?/topic/33629-name-and-shame-policy/

I have read several similar tales of people selling cars through GMund who have not been paid post sale. Negative reviews of Gmun repeating this experience have been removed from other forums including DDK. The Faceook review page for GMund had a customer complaining of exactly this. You can still see the first bit of this review on google but the actual Facebook review has been mysteriously deleted or is unavailable when you click on the link

https://www.google.com/search?
q=gmund+facebook+reviews&oq=gmund+facebook+reviews

closer to the edge said:
The thread has now been removed because the IB forum owner is not prepared to do battle with business owners and their use of solicitors letters. Here is the equivalent thread on DDK and the explanatory post from the IB forum owner.

I have read several similar tales of people selling cars through GMund who have not been paid post sale. Negative reviews of Gmun repeating this experience have been removed from other forums including DDK. The Faceook review page for GMund had a customer complaining of exactly this. You can still see the first bit of this review on google but the actual Facebook review has been mysteriously deleted or is unavailable when you click on the link

Gmund have admin control over their facebook reviews, which is why any negative reviews will disappear should they wish it.

Then again it's not like anything on facebook provides any level of confidence in 2019 :roll:

Whereas 911uk is not a site that hide behind a name and shame policy

here is our review policy http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=129284

if you want to post up a factual review of your circumstances with Gmund then you are more than welcome to do so, as long as it factual and is line with our review policy

if no one does then there is nothing to see here :dont know:

caveat emptor

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back