Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Manual GTS no reserve on Ebay

another one i am hearing of late is......... 'well it actually sold, and they gave us a £1000 deposit, but we have heard nothing from them since, we cant even return the money to them, so yeh its unexpectedly back on the market'

:nooo:

HSC911 said:
So funny, I posted it twice :nooo:

it was quite funny :grin: :grin: did everyone spot the bidder about halfway through name Z.....I , think he went over 25 bags though, he pulled out at around 40 bags did make me wonder if it was our man Mr Z.

Phil 997 said:
HSC911 said:
So funny, I posted it twice :nooo:

it was quite funny :grin: :grin: did everyone spot the bidder about halfway through name Z.....I , think he went over 25 bags though, he pulled out at around 40 bags did make me wonder if it was our man Mr Z.

It was more a case of too many Hop Lager's last night :oops:

:drink:

It didn't get pulled 1.5 hours before, I was watching it tick down with 10 minutes to go.......

resigner said:
It didn't get pulled 1.5 hours before, I was watching it tick down with 10 minutes to go.......

Indeed, I did highlight my error in a later post (in hindsight I should've just edited it out which I've now done). :thumb:

squelch said:
resigner said:

Indeed, I did highlight my error in a later post (in hindsight I should've just edited it out which I've now done). :thumb:

Am I meant to read all the posts???? DOH :)

I see that the winning bidder is no longer a registered eBay user...

Iwantone said:
I see that the winning bidder is no longer a registered eBay user...

Thats the bit that smells a of an attempt at shill bidding that didnt pay off :dont know: otherwise why didnt the seller just end the auction early when it didnt get to the price he wanted :?:

i think that ebay changed the rules to stop people pulling stuff off if they weren't happy with how the auction was going,

it used to be you could pull an item off if more than 12 hours to go, if less than 12 hours you could pull it off but have to state a reason,

now if you pull it off with less than 12 hours, it goes to the highest bidder and you cop the final value fee,

so its a dangerous game to shill, because you could shill it up and be left with it and be hit with a bill.

aint worth the bother.

I would never buy a car this way. I would have to have seen it, made him an offer for a direct sale and not then have to go home and battle against Mr Shill.

If it is a good car then why not just sell it with a 'Buy it now' for the price desired? It may be that the Fast food chiller case has more going for it.

Scholester said:
It may be that the Fast food Shiller case has more going for it.

:floor: :floor: :floor: :thumb:

Top two bidders were time wasters......

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back