Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Show us your tools !

The Fluke served me very well for many years .. had a refurb done on it too keep it going and now it needs another ..

Awesome bit of kit .

Latest is snap on .. so made in China i expect but colour LCD , Relative mode for compairing voltages , ohms lead zero and min/max so it covers it all for what i need .. shame they all have a/c as its not something i use .

I wanted a PWM setting but we were upto £500 for that .. cant justify it .. not on my wages anyways lol .

Need a good scope next .. time to start saveing :)

get your camera out when ever you get the chance .. love to see your setup .

Heres one drawer of mine.....

Top tip -£2 Ikea cutlery drawer inserts. I sliced a bit off the tray and inserted it adjacent to fit perfect.

This one: http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/...elves/stödja-cutlery-tray-white-art-00177225/

Now the tools don't end up in a jumble.

cXgL4Ps.jpg

There is one socket missing.... its currently holding up my engine...

They also do this one http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/...elves/stödja-cutlery-tray-white-art-50177223/

Demort said:
The Fluke served me very well for many years .. had a refurb done on it too keep it going and now it needs another ..

Awesome bit of kit .

Latest is snap on .. so made in China i expect but colour LCD , Relative mode for compairing voltages , ohms lead zero and min/max so it covers it all for what i need .. shame they all have a/c as its not something i use .

I wanted a PWM setting but we were upto £500 for that .. cant justify it .. not on my wages anyways lol .

Need a good scope next .. time to start saveing :)

get your camera out when ever you get the chance .. love to see your setup .

Fluke wins :thumb:

Home - paslode fixes everything including hanging pictures.

Garden - husqvana 18". I love the smell of two stroke in the morning....

Demort said:
Phill .. he has my sympathys ... so much paint and leather .. i would have to have a shower and a change of clothes just to get into your car lol

I normally make him wear one of those white disposable scene of crime suits but allowed him to take it off for the pic :floor: :floor: :floor:

alex yates said:
I'll raise you $50!

I have the tools that make the tools :grin: :thumb:

Nice functional workshop there Alex.....!!

Takes me back to my younger days !!

😎

Great title for a thread .....but This is bad timing for a decent pic .......as I have been in my garage this trip home and decided it's getting a proper gut out and all tools consolidated and tidied into one set of drawers next time I'm home , too late to start this time .....😏

I was having a pang of conscience when Demort mentioned how much the flukes cost a few years ago ....
I have a couple of Flukes & a 'Megger'........which have been 'liberated' from used stock on projects I worked on in the past ....wish I had the foresight when the Oscilloscope and the Injection test set had been in my care !

An interesting thought i had was the tools I had from my fathers shed when we tidied that one up ....
We must all be like magpies ..... ' I know I'll find a use for that one day ' .......seems to be an oft repeated statement I find myself making ...

Surely, one has staff to do the oily bits!

Attachments

• img_5342_188.jpg
    img_5342_188.jpg
    728.6 KB · Views: 5,658
@ wasz .. thats a dam good idea .. i had never considered something as simple as that ! my tools are loose and after repeated opening / closeing then they all end up at the back of the draw .

@911TEL no different from me .. hard to throw away a tool when it may be of use . I actually still have all my a/f tools includeing a few bsf and whitworth .. im sure they will make a come back one day :floor:

My 1/2 inch ratchet is 35 years old and still the only one i use .

And no you cant beat a fluke :thumb:

@squelch the old car tool kits where actually not bad quality .. these days its pretty cheap stuff .. a/f and an unusual size at that 5/16 was not one i used very much .

More picts when ever you get a chance please gents

:worship:

I'm not at home to take photos of my car tools but here is my electrician set up in the van. It need a clear up as I am not using the space as I intended. Being a small van it has always been hard to keep order to it. Over the last 6 moths I have been adapting and building my storage system to make use of the space.

40037723971_036411cfab_h.jpg

Power tool drawer;

40037724711_22ad470bad_h.jpg

And if I need to get something from toward the front of the van the whole bed slides out on runners;

40037725421_be1dabbe95_h.jpg

I am almost embarrassed to say I do not know where my multimeter is! I have a megger multifunctional tester that does all the tests I need for my job. In my tool back I have a fluke T500 which test voltage, AC current via the clamp and has a bell tester.

Demort said:
I have a bit of a passion for tools and i love seeing others peoples kit ..

If anyone could indulge me i would appreciate it .

Some pictures of mine which i took for Insurance purposes .

I have a similar problem - perhaps even more extreme as I work on my cars, in wood, in metal and do work on the house.

I just cannot understand how somebody can go through life without 20 hammers, 16 ways of drilling a hole, three different types of welding and - well you get the idea.

Like you I took the photos for Insurance purposes, following a recent break in.

I have only posted a few as I can see many forum members glazing over and going on Wikipedia and searching "tools".

If you want to see some more let me know.

Tools storage compliments of Snap On

YvM4Jh8.jpg

Top Drawer - Measuring and drilling

DtDcDgh.jpg

Screw drivers etc

k5ARER7.jpg

Punches and Chisels

YLCQuke.jpg

Metric Spanners

sdOoNe2.jpg

A man can never have enough hammers. I made the third one in from the right.

AkrMB8N.jpg

@ 911tom Im well impressed .. awesome use of space there .. so many people just chuck the tools in the back and then can never find anything .

@ Kat1 A man after my own heart :thumb: why have one set of Hammers when you could have several .. with every tool theres more than one type and they all have their uses.

I have 7 different sets of metric spanners .. some rarely get used but are a life saver when they do .

i had a similar tool box years ago .. they are actually going up in value .. all snap-on tools are worth more now then when i bought them ... crazy world where you can buy work tools .. use them for years and still make a profit if you sell them .

You post as many picts as you want .. ill just sit here pouring over every picture :D

Edit

Bodywork dollys and hammers there as well and to make the hammer .. a little bit of black smithing as well ?

Brass punches / drift ... very usefull around petrol let alone for not damageing what you hit !

For a head torch then i can highly recomend the Ledlenser H7R.2 .. its on sale at amazon atm so £20 off .. it will last all day and then some .

Love the axe in the tool box .. sometimes i wish i had one :grin:

Some more pics for you

This the "bi" handle drawer - I do not like adjustable spanners - these are normally only used on plumbing jobs where I can never work out what spanner size they should be.

Third water pump pliers from right used to release pad return spring on 993 brakes.

s8Cx0NK.jpg

Sockets and drivers in 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" with a few frequently used items on the router table bottom left. That little Bosch set is quite useful on the smaller hex cap screws on 993.

b5izwFy.jpg

Pry bars, scrapers and large items in drawer. The "mezzanine" contains shape edge items.

1j7Viyg.jpg

Here's my work tools. Not sure this really counts? :D

Attachments

• img_2861_831.jpg
    img_2861_831.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5,453
Excellent thanks for that .

A question .. whats the pliers first picture top right for .. the silver ones , looks like some sort of spring compressor ?

Also second picture bottom left .. the red thing ?

I know what you mean on the 993 pad retainer spring .. it actually needs a fair bit of leverage to get that in and out .

Yup ive been sitting here studying them :D

LOVE the work tools :floor:

Yours are set out a lot better than mine .. picture below to show you what some of my draws look like !!

Attachments

• p9130016_101.jpg
    p9130016_101.jpg
    796 KB · Views: 5,420
My brother's old tools/tool boxes that I inherited (That's fatty at the top watching over his old Cossie) :drink: :

Had to take one of the 'Hammer drawer' :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back