Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hello, I just bought my first 911

Having trawled through this forum for some time, I decided that it was a Gen I with full Hartech rebuild or not at all, as given the miles I do (4k p/a), I simply could not justify stretching my budget to a GenII.

Its funny, the market seems a bit all over the place. I saw a Gen I with full Hartech rebuild, albeit low miles and lovely spec, up at GenII money (>£35k), and I saw others where the premium over a non-rebuild was practically zero. I can imagine that after spending £11k you'd be keen to see some sort of return at sale, but I guess the buyers pool of people 'that know' is quite small, and they already have a 911!

I registered with Trovit, with search words of Hartech, which meant I got an email whenever a new car came to the market.

Initial thoughts are that I am not yet sold on the Tiptronic, I know I am not telling anyone anything that has not been said a million times, but really, who designed the shifter buttons to be where they are. Very odd, and perhaps I will get the hang of it, but right now, I never touch them. I have seen a few threads on retro-fitting the AMG paddles, which looks to be a great idea. Just got to find someone that will do it, or take a very large brave pill!

Anyways, its dry out. Looking forward to the short blast home

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back