Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Manual GTS no reserve on Ebay

jotaking said:
My guess

997 £54,750.00

CSL £48,345.00

Fridge £650.00

Spice rack £35.50

Nice haul!!

:floor: :thumbs:

You lot crack me up! :floor: I'm going through the pictures looking for f-ing spice racks and fridges thinking what the hell are these guys smoking tonight then I twigged :floor: :worship:

I'm tempted to ask about the fridge counter. Given the age of it I ask if the AC chiller still worked. In true eBay style "Just needs a re-gas" I expect. Do you think Kwik Fit will take it on as one of their winter deals no chill no fee :dont know:

Not sure if this sold for £52k or was pulled at that price

FZP said:

It ended on £52k...soon to be re-advertised 'due to time waster' :grin:

:thumb:

The winning bidder shows as "not a registered user", so I call shenanigans!

On the plus side - the spice rack and fridge counter are still available... :lol:

squelch said:
It was ended early - about 1.5 hrs before its scheduled end time.

On the plus side - the spice rack and fridge counter are still available... :lol:

Ah sorry, didn't realise that! :bandit:

And THANK GOD the fridge is still available, wife's 40th this year :sing:

squelch said:
It was ended early - about 1.5 hrs before its scheduled end time.

Gutted has the kebab skewer been sold then :nooo:

This part of the ad made me laugh

I'm not a trader, this is a private sale I just happen to love cars. This is not a desperate sale so please don't make any silly offers. I am selling this and a M3 CSL to make way for one car. I have sold a few of my cars on ebay over the last decade or so and they are always on no reserve auctions because I know they are good and will sell for their market worth. GOOD LUCK!

shouldnt it also say " because I can always pull it early or get my mate to bid it up and then pull it if my scam doesnt pay off and it doesnt get to where I want. and waste all of your times or at worst rob someone of a few grand "

:floor: :floor: :floor:

did you see how much the CSL went for? £54k is strong money even for a CSL, unless also mate-purchased of course.

Trading standards officers warn it is illegal to push up a price artificially by bidding against yourself or by getting family or friends to do so. The process is known as shill bidding and breaks new European Union fair trading rules. Offences carry a maximum fine of £5,000 in UK law.

The CSL made £54,500. It did state full BMW service history and the miles are better than many listed for sale. Still, I reckon they've had their day in the sun!

(I should also point out my error on the GTS ending early, it didn't - my mistake :oops: )

As for shill bidding, it was illegal in the UK long before any EU rules and it's rife on eBay - someone narrowly avoided jail a few years ago. By some coincidence here's an extract from the Daily Mail's story (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...eller-fined-bidding-auctions-boost-price.html)

"The items involved included two Mercedes vehicles, a pie and pasty warmer, a cash register, a REFRIGERATED DISPLAY COUNTER, three mobile phones, a Land Rover and a digital camera." No mention of a Spice Rack though, so they may not be linked :floor:

HSC911 said:
FZP said:

Zingari :roll:

spongebob squarepants said:
HSC911 said:
FZP said: