Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I feel a bit funny

Looks amazing! Well done!

Don't do this whilst changing a wiper blade :sad:

#iamatwat

Or you too may not be able to take your Porsche on a roadtrip to Portimao, Jerez and Ascari, and may have to take your Audi S8 instead.

Doh!

Attachments

• img_5458a_112.jpg
    img_5458a_112.jpg
    350.2 KB · Views: 4,581
Teffers said:

#iamatwat

Or you too may not be able to take your Porsche on a roadtrip to Portimao, Jerez and Ascari, and may have to take your Audi S8 instead.

Doh!

Thats so easily done mate :nooo:

National Windscreens, earlier today.

They offered a next day service (which I couldn't do because I'd left for Portugal) so eventually did a fine job on my return.
The surround seal didn't come off intact so it was a couple of days delay on backorder but overall, very impressed with the service.

I still feel a bit of a twat though.

Onwards!

Attachments

• img_5630a_114.jpg
    img_5630a_114.jpg
    786 KB · Views: 4,574
Teffers said:
National Windscreens, earlier today.

They offered a next day service (which I couldn't do because I'd left for Portugal) so eventually did a fine job on my return.
The surround seal didn't come off intact so it was a couple of days delay on backorder but overall, very impressed with the service.

I still feel a bit of a twat though.

Onwards!

:floor: look on the positive side mate a/ you kept the miles off the Porsche and B/ The Audi is probably better on fuel so saving you a few quid .

:grin: :grin:

Phil 997 said:
Teffers said:

#iamatwat

Doh!

Thats so easily done mate :nooo:

Apparently so - although it's never happened to me before. I'll certainly be A LOT more careful in the future regardless of the car.

It was probably a blessing not being able to take the 996, Brittany Ferries had to cancel the overnight from Portsmouth to Bilbao due to bad weather. This meant crossing to Le Harve instead and driving the length of France as well - so a lot of additional wasted mileage cruising autoroutes.

It wasn't a hardship taking the old D2 S8 - it's a lovely high speed cruiser that handles well when needed. Took my old man with me - he appreciated the comfort over the 996 :thumb:

Attachments

• img_5520_128.jpg
    img_5520_128.jpg
    347.1 KB · Views: 4,566
S8 lovely too. Always had a thing for those.

They can be tricky those rear wipers... be careful if you are washing the car not to stand the arm up on the spring. If you knock it, then it can snap back but the blade spins round and scratches the paint next to the window. :sad:

Robertb said:
S8 lovely too. Always had a thing for those.

They can be tricky those rear wipers... be careful if you are washing the car not to stand the arm up on the spring. If you knock it, then it can snap back but the blade spins round and scratches the paint next to the window. :sad:

Better still, get a cab - they're nicer and don't have that problem with the rear wiper.... :thumb: :grin: :grin:

I'll get me coat....

Osh

Lovely car in a lovely colour.

Re. being a tw*t, I think we probably all have quite a few embarrassing stories...

Many years ago, my now wife and I were staying with the future in laws. Anyway, my future mother on law had an Audi A4 that needed the front windscreen wipers replacing - no problem says I, I can do that for you (brownie points). So I bought some blades in Halfords and proceeded to fit them. Got the first one on OK and then whilst taking the second old blade off, the wiper arm slipped out of my hand put a huge crack through the windcscreen - much to my complete embarrassment... :oops:

Not long after my father in law got his own back, when I parked my new-to -me immaculate 968 Sport on his drive opposite their garage, again whilst staying with them. Anyway, he is late for a meeting one morning and as there isn't usually anything parked opposite his garage, he reverses out without looking and bang, hits the back of my 968 - much to his embarrassment... :oops:

Oh and I just remembered spinning another 968 just outside my office on some diesel and hitting the central reservation, limping it in to the office car park and then out of over 20 meeting rooms, having my meeting in a meeting room which has a fantastic view of said car park, and having the entire meeting (of sales people, not the most understanding of types) p*ss themselves whilst they watch your "Porsh" being loaded on to a recovery truck... :frustrated:

Not much to report on this apart from it's about to tick over 50k miles.
Apart from dropping a mountain bike on it - back to bodyshop for touchup on front wing :frustrated:

Used it through the snow, didn't get stuck.

Did 8 laps of Thruxton in it yesterday before quitting thinking 'that's plenty quick enough for me thankyouverymuch' and parking it back up again.
A great session instructing in a big, big horsepower fully prepped Supra on slicks reminded me however nice/capable these 996's are, standard they're still road cars and it feels wrong abusing them.

Far better to use it as the lovely GT it is and keep the Clio racer for thrashing - almost as fast on UK tracks and built for that sole purpose.

Bought a model.

Attachments

• df0mql6x4aa_2fd_136.jpg
    df0mql6x4aa_2fd_136.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 3,257
I changed the front pads last week, OEM Porsche.

Imminent plans - appointment at Center Gravity next month for a health check, make sure it's all as it should be etc etc.

Thinking about rusted exhaust manifolds / stud / fixings :?:

I do have one issue which is annoying me.

The front left door speaker stops working every now and again and starts crackling, taking all bass response with it. Sounds like the cone has blown.

Intermittent, so must be a loose connection somewhere.

Non BOSE - any ideas?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back