Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Boxster 981 'Fault cooling system' message

heliarch

Hi,
I have the 'Fault Cooling System Visit Garage' yellow message on my 2013 981S :-(

Does this fault need to be cleared by dealer or will the warning go away if the fault is fixed - i.e. if I find it's a vaccum hose that is loose and reseal it will the warning go away if that was the issue? or does the warning stay until reset by the diagnostic port.

Also, apart from the much discussed PSE vacuum hoses are there other things I should check for this warning?

One of the valves has failed which in turn as its a single vacum supply knocks out all the other valves .

Seen it many times on 991 .. there was a recall on the valves which didnt work and then another recall with different valves .

the only fault you get is what you have said as its the only one the car can see.

Its a vacum test on the valves and figuring out which one has failed basically .

fault will go but may take a few drives if the valve is replaced thats faulty .. normally you would just clear the fault code after fixing it though .

There are 7-8 valves on a 991 .. i would assume similar on a 981 depending on equipment fitted .

Thanks for the info, do you know the nature of the valve failure? Do they fail to open/close or is it a vacuum leak? Wondering what I need to rig up to test them
Thx

its a vacum leak .. as all the valves run from x1 vacum supply then it takes out all of them .

To confirm then a pressure / vacum tool on the main intake .. not sure where it is on a 981 but its on the under side at the front end of the engine , small pipe comeing off of a much larger pipe .

Operate it and i expect no vacum .. its then a case of blanking off valves till you find the leak .

991 and this was common for a while .. not done this on a 981 though .

If it holds a vacum then its not that and will be more involved .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back