Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Monthly Insurance

mikeluke

Anyone have any experience of insuring their car on a month by month basis?

My current annual policy renews at the end of Feb and I will be putting the car with a dealer some time in March on a SOR basis.

Therefore only really need covering from about a month - trying to work out cheapest way of doing this - renewing current policy and then cancelling or just taking out a month's cover

Thanks

Mike

more importantly Mike what are you changing to and are you staying with Porsche mate :thumb:

That is the £XXXX question, Phil

I would like to trade up to a 997.2 Turbo but my head says that I can't justify that amount of £££ sitting on the drive, when I have a slightly less than secure job situation at the moment. On a 6 month contract after being out of work for almost a year and unsure about the prospect of it being renewed.

Next thought was to trade 'down' to a 981 Boxster S or (dare I say it) a BMW M4. At first my thought was the Boxster was the sensible choice, as it would depreciate less - however, the prices on Autotrader tell a different story.

Will decide once the 996 Turbo S is sold

mikeluke said:
That is the £XXXX question, Phil

I would like to trade up to a 997.2 Turbo but my head says that I can't justify that amount of £££ sitting on the drive, when I have a slightly less than secure job situation at the moment. On a 6 month contract after being out of work for almost a year and unsure about the prospect of it being renewed.

Next thought was to trade 'down' to a 981 Boxster S or (dare I say it) a BMW M4. At first my thought was the Boxster was the sensible choice, as it would depreciate less - however, the prices on Autotrader tell a different story.

Will decide once the 996 Turbo S is sold

Keep us posted mate and hope you decide to stay with Porsche :thumb:

Better off taking out an annual policy with preferential cancellation rates, ie pro rata with a small fee. Either that or get the garage to cover it under their costumers vehicles item on their motor trade Insurance. Presuming the new owner would want to test drive anyway, doing it on the MT would make most sense since they'll have comprehensive demonstration cover it that's the type of cars they deal in.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back