Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 C4S Manual

roocat said:
SGH said:
It seems at the moment looking on Autotrader and Pistonheads there are more manuals than PDK for sale. Having driven this manual today it will widen my choice so think I need to drive a few more to be totally sure, also the one today was a bit low in spec.

https://www.harbourcars.com/used-car-details/Porsche-911-U1797/

just out of interest what is the car missing to be considered low spec?. Just curious as my C2S is a similar spec (without sports chrono).
It's interesting reading this post as when buying mine i got the impression it was the manuals that were more sought after, and when looking for mine i had many more options available to me if i wanted a PDK.

I think most consider low spec to be no bose, no heated seats, no sport chrono, no sport seats, those seem to be the usual things

Personally think that car at Harbour cars is a great spec! For me, Sports Suspension, PSE and Sports Crono are some of the most important options.

It's a bit pricey though considering no Porsche warranty?

The lack of a sunroof would also be considered by some as low spec'.

I suspect that the first owner of this car was looking to save weight.

T8 said:
The lack of a sunroof would also be considered by some as low spec'.

:eek: it was an option Tel otherwise it automatically came with a sunroof . Sunroof delete was on my list for both the gen1 and 2 . I personally consider not having that heavy rattly thing a bonus and Porsche must also as its not on the flagship GT3 and RS

So IMO its higher spec to not have a sunroof :floor: :floor:

Rare to see a sunroof on a Gen 2 997. I'd expect to see many more if it was standard spec and you had to delete it.

Magic919 said:
Rare to see a sunroof on a Gen 2 997. I'd expect to see many more if it was standard spec and you had to delete it.

not sure on the get2 but on the gen1 it certainly was an option to delete of it otherwise it came as std with a sunroof , not sure why they would change that on the gen 2 maybe buyers realised it was a heavy noisy thing and not needed as you have A/C so more of them went with the delete option :thumb: or maybe they just went out of fashion by 2009/10 :dont know:

Never seen it mentioned as delete in the spec either.

Magic919 said:
Never seen it mentioned as delete in the spec either.

it was a tick box option to delete it on the build spec :thumb:

My original brochure shows it as a cost option, except on cabriolet.

As a gen 1 manual owner I watch the gen 2 manual market avidly and they are rare. I doubt the resale would be affected as there'll always be die hard manual fans frustrated with the low number available on the used market. Try a search on the OPc used locator and with the exception of several gt3s and the odd over priced gen 1 there are only a couple of gen 2 cooking Carreras available but with average mileage. I predict that manuals will be stronger residually in the long term.

SGH said:
Looking at this one later this week bit dear but good spec and warranty....

https://www.pistonheads.com/classif...ra-4s-manual-2010-60-reg-1-lady-owner/7958716

That looks like a very nice car IMO white with cocoa interior is a nice combo
the full leather centre console was quite expensive option when new its got that and other leather upgrades vents etc this car was specced for luxury and comfort when new.
given the mileage and 1 owner and it being a 4S etc I really dont think its over priced :thumb: :thumb: and its a manual :thumb:

I agree with Phil. Good spec and more importantly the Cocoa interior. What this denotes is that you are extremely handsome and well endowed as it takes a man's man to have a car with it as your interior of choice. :floor: All jokes aside it's a great colour for the interior as it changes dependant on light. It feels more luxurious than standard black.
The rest of the car looks great. If it all checks put visually, get a deposit down on it and and organise a PPI to ensure it's all kosher. Good luck with the viewing

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back