Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Matt black side/bonnet logos

TobesEtc

Dodgy paintwork means I've budgeted for a complete respray at some point, with all the attendant issues to be sorted at the same time (chassis legs, maybe). Anyway, that's for another day... in the meantime I can play with stripes and wraps and stickers as it doesn't matter a damn!

This summer will be a big (temp) make-over for Le Mans but before then I've been practising. I wanted to try Matt Black side logos, which I've done. However, in the process I was sent some incorrectly sized logo's, which I've adapted into bonnet stripes. Mainly as an exercise in learning more about applying these things, but also as I figured I might like it.

Tried doing a matt black wheel wrap... didn't work, although it was fun and very interesting to learn how vinyl behaves with heat. Wheels are just too complicated a 3D shape for a beginner to get right. Bonnet is much easier.

What do you reckon? Side ones are almost invisible from many angles.

Attachments

• 20180127_130848_324.jpg
    20180127_130848_324.jpg
    333.2 KB · Views: 6,575
  • 20180127_130855_365.jpg
    20180127_130855_365.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 6,575
I like them

I'm with Faried on the positive side of the fence. Nice and subtle.

Nice car but I'm afraid to me they look naff :nooo:

RobIpswichUK said:
I'm with Faried on the positive side of the fence. Nice and subtle.

me too think they look subtle a bit like the cayman design edition livery :thumb:

3021307-inline-fb-likebutton-printpackaging.jpg

But...

I don't think the car needs it...it's pure class as it is :worship:

:thumb:

Each to their own. I'm undecided on the bonnet script but never a fan of side decals on a 993 as I think they visually sit too high due to the sill and door bottom lines.

The world would be a dull place if we all liked the same things and it's good to see someone stepping away from the norm. ;)

C.

I've got decals down each side of my 993. Went grey as I wanted them to be subtle. I personally like it. Not sure Porsche script along the bonnet though OP, but each to their own I say :)

Attachments

• ec2e1fa9_1d91_4a04_9944_f9ec1eccda1b_162.jpeg
    ec2e1fa9_1d91_4a04_9944_f9ec1eccda1b_162.jpeg
    147.7 KB · Views: 6,295
You have just convinced me that I really need to get some RS side skirts - but I'm afraid I don't like the look of the bonnet decals.
Good of you to give it a go though - as neither you or I are part of that fabled 'Illuminati' group we can push the boundaries without fear of being tarred and feathered :D

Thanks for the feedback guys. Like I said, just an experiment as the "bonnet" bits were sent in error. Will keep them on for a while but as the bonnet and possibly the roof are being wrapped in white for LM24 in June, they won't be there too long. Will share pics of that process in a few months.

Now, back to the problem of how to temporarily change the colour of wheels? (Also white, also for LM24) Plan A was wrapping and that didn't work... :?:

That's the stuff, then! Thanks Chris.

Yeah, I am not keen on the bonnet stripes but am a fan of the side stripes....

I tried both stealth and silver and went with silver in the end....

Cheers,
Lig.

980955758_o.jpg

Lig

The silver looks very nice. I would say classy even

I like a lot

Tobesetc said:
Thanks for the feedback guys. Like I said, just an experiment as the "bonnet" bits were sent in error. Will keep them on for a while but as the bonnet and possibly the roof are being wrapped in white for LM24 in June, they won't be there too long. Will share pics of that process in a few months.

Now, back to the problem of how to temporarily change the colour of wheels? (Also white, also for LM24) Plan A was wrapping and that didn't work... :?:

Have a look at platidip for the wheels it last well but can be peeled off :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back