Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Just put my manual C2 993 up for sale £32,500.00

As

Hi Matt

I think you should get it on AT/ph to obtain a wider audience.

Has anyone else been serious enough to have a PPI paid for? I know you didn't agree with lots of points that GT-one raised but do you have another to compare mine against? You didn't trust what GT-one said and they didn't rate some of the repairs so would be good to compare it against another.

Re: 993

stichill99 said:
It must be hard to sell a 993 just now! I had a browse on PHeads and cheapest manual 993 C2 is £39995. Is it the mileage that is putting people off this one.. Is Zingari right all along and they are all really just 25 baggers! I would be feeling a little uncomfortable if I had bought one in the £40ks as an investment :dont know:

i think at the end of the day, 30 odd large is a lot to get your head round for cars that were half that 5 or 6 years ago,

people research historical prices and think that what goes up, must come down, they are currently seeing it with houses dropping back,

i like this car, as its honest, it ticks most boxes which is the thing that will sell it, it really is a lovely car,

if i wasn't currently an owner, i would be on to this car, the trouble is i would struggle to shift mine to own it, without having to give mine away,so to speak,which is a shame,

We are still in January, its very early days,

it will be gone by march.

Re: 993

Palladium said:
i think at the end of the day, 30 odd large is a lot to get your head round for cars that were half that 5 or 6 years ago,

people research historical prices and think that what goes up, must come down, they are currently seeing it with houses dropping back,

I'm not sure that straight 993s ever went below £20k and if they did it was more like 9 years ago but I get what you're saying about people being shy of buying a car that they know was once a lot cheaper to buy.

eg, having sold an 11 year old 996 for £13k in 2013 I could never contemplate paying an extra £6k to buy it back today. Similarly paying £40k+ for an identical 996 Turbo that I bought and sold for under £30k would never cross my mind.

That said, there's an awful lot of people that love classic cars and weren't in a position to buy when prices of any car (not just 911s) hit rock bottom. Some won't even know how cheap they once were.

£32,500 in 2018 for a nice 993 is a great buy, despite the mileage that this one has done, and I'm sure it will find a new home soon.

I thought this would have sold by the first weekend it was listed. Seemed like a great price.

I think it unfortunately proves the amount of buyers out there that only have an eye on future values and hence lower mileages. For someone that actually wanted to use one then this car is great.

Maybe try again in spring, when there may be slightly more buyers around. :thumb:

there is a very similar car up the road from me, its on the bay at 42k, its got 125k i believe, its a commission sale, its been for sale since june,

maybe sometimes you have to give the market what it wants to sell things.

nearly every house that was on sale in my village last year dident sell, approx. 12, i think 3 sold,

they were lovely houses with no issues, i have a good idea why they dident sell. The market knows.

I agree that there were very few 993's ever went below £20k and if they did there was a story! I found some Top Marques magazines from 2005 and was looking at 993's. Lots with 60/70k miles in the low 20's but nothing near £15k!

if that's the case, then its cheap, and its low miles if you really think about it, very low. 7k a year approx.

a beetle once did 500k on one engine before rebuild, its only a glorified beetle.

MattyR said:
Cheers gents. At present a few enquiries but nothing concrete. A couple of people trying to get me down well below £30,000.00. Err no.

Early days yet and January probably not the best time to be selling but I haven't listed it anywhere else yet so likely to do so this week.

At the worst I'll find a way to keep it and break it to the missus gently :grin:

Was one of these from Brian from Cheshire :?: :grin:

Great looking car, and well cared for example. If I hadn't just bought a new Ducati I'd be on this.

There's one on the bay nowhere near as good as yours a day left and £25k. If hold out for £30k. I'm surprised it's not sold yet.

Good luck :thumb:

I tend to use a pseudonym (usually Frank) when I'm bidding 8)

This is an honest car it would appear and price is there or thereabouts but some buyers want their cake and eat it - ie buy into a car that will never depreciate, and have more of an eye on future values rather than driving a useable practical classic that is 'the last of the air cooled' and finest (behind the 964 of course :hand: )

Run it for a few years, get on some road trips and if you do a few bags in dough so what? It'll likely hold and it wont be as bad as buying a modern machine :thumb:

Priced well IMO, it just needs a bigger audience... AT, PH & Ebay would certainly help in reaching the masses.

I'm still genuinely shocked at 993's when comparing prices to late a 911 G Series or 964. It surely can't be much longer before they catch up. A leggy 88/89 3.2 or 964C2 Manual are commanding £50k'ish all day long...!

GLWS. ;)

C.

cableguy said:
I'm still genuinely shocked at 993's when comparing prices to late a 911 G Series or 964. It surely can't be much longer before they catch up. A leggy 88/89 3.2 or 964C2 Manual are commanding £50k'ish all day long...!

GLWS. ;)

C.

None of them sell though. They just sit in the classifieds for years on end. If they weren't bought at those high asking price last year then I doubt they'll be bought at those high asking prices this year. Many of those cars in the ads for £50k I have seen a few at reputable dealers where the dealer themselves cannot see bad crash repairs or surface rust which is going to be far worse than they think when they take the wings off. You could buy one and quite easily get another £20k bill for engine/gearbox rebuild

Thanks guys! I'm suprised it hasn't gone yet but one thing I've clocked is that potential buyers are asking all the right questions but want a mint car with full respray and absolutely no work to do in the future. Ive had two offers of well below 30k now which is just not correct. These people didn't even view the car!

My car is priced with its current condition in mind; its not a lemon and has no hidden history.

Since Bund's PPI by GT One (who was interested in the car when I put it ip for potential sale in the autumn) I have had most items rectified. Some items flagged were unrealistic as, for example, the cam coveres were just done by Precision Porsche whereas GT One were of the opinion they should be replaced. Likewise the bodywork is perfectly acceptable for this age of car; GT One made it sound like a basket case!

To a large extent I believe these PPIs are an arse covering exercise and should be taken with a pinch of salt. Not saying these aren't useful but if the datum for appraisal is a minty restored or low mileage 993 there can't be many of us enthusiasts who wouldn't come out unscathed.

Anyway, I took the car out for a blast the other day and she flew. I'm going to miss the darn thing! :hand:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back