Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Factory Badging or ?

Red cut out S which must be option 4 as its not on your list
followed by 911 or just the word PORSCHE aka the 991
:thumb: :thumb:

Went for replacing the S and keeping the factory look.

Thank for the input chaps.

My choice would be to go for the 911 badge. That's what I did on mine and it makes it look much cleaner and more modern somehow.

I guess you may want to keep the 4S badging so everyone knows what you've got (all those who don't know by looking).

For me, I rather like the total debadged look.
You know what it is - it doesn't matter if no one else knows exactly what model it is - it's clearly a 911.

Bonnet / luggage cover badge removal takes more work though and you're not asking about that of course.

I agree with Colin about the over badged 991s in particular, but most manufacturers are guilty of it.

Jam911 said:
Went for replacing the S and keeping the factory look.

Thank for the input chaps.

Good man. :thumbs:

If you're looking for an essay....ill start you off. What were they thinking :dont know:

Attachments

• porsche_911_3_0_991_targa_4_gts_coupe_pdk_awd_2dr_245869075_7_190.jpg
    porsche_911_3_0_991_targa_4_gts_coupe_pdk_awd_2dr_245869075_7_190.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 1,147
FZP said:
If you're looking for an essay....ill start you off. What were they thinking :dont know:

Isn't that gruesome ?

That's difficult to justify never mind how hard it must be to wash ... they will have a few bods with 'I just snapped the script off the rear of my ......"
Good profit in replacement letters though ....

160dmb said:
My absolute favourite - but I haven't gotten round to doing it her....

http://911uk.com/files/img_0103_211.jpg

I have gone with just PORSCHE on the rear of my 4S Mainly only because I couldnt fit 911 under it due the the spoiler , and had similar to that pic on my gen1. really like both options :thumb:

FZP said:

Apparently it is all because they really do like their badging out in Asia (so I am told anyway). I really don't understand why more people don't tick the 'delete badge' or '911' options over here in Europe though. I also personally think that the GTS models should all be available with just 'GTS' on the back, but it has never been an official option on the 991 so has to be done aftermarket... :roll:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back