Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Homelink

siy

Monza
I am trying to connect my Pany's Homelink to a FAAC electric gate opener.

I have been able to get the car to 'learn' the code (ie 3 blinks of the indicators), but unable to get it to actually work.

I understand that on a rolling code (which the gates seem to have), after the 3 blinks, you need to then push the learning button on the receiver, and then resend the signal from the car - but this part is not working.

Someone suggested I may need a homelink unit to connect into the gate receiver?

Can anyone help?

I had the same problem and contacted Homelink. They asked me to get the software version of my unit, which I did, contacted them and they said 'not possible'. The only solution was to buy their unit that plugs in and guarantees it will work.
Some members on here have done a 'hack' to get there units to work but it meant resoldering etc which put me off.
In the end I 'velcroed' the door opener to the roof console and that way I could remove it from the car if it was being left anywhere.
Search Homelink you'll find a page on pairing, problem solving etc.

siy said:
I am trying to connect my Pany's Homelink to a FAAC electric gate opener.

I have been able to get the car to 'learn' the code (ie 3 blinks of the indicators), but unable to get it to actually work.

I understand that on a rolling code (which the gates seem to have), after the 3 blinks, you need to then push the learning button on the receiver, and then resend the signal from the car - but this part is not working.

Someone suggested I may need a homelink unit to connect into the gate receiver?

Can anyone help?
This is an old chestnut, but an easy fix.

Contact Dave on [email protected]
Or call, but e-mail is better first as he is busy and not always available.
Tel-01384569942
Decent guy to talk to and will sort you out.

What you will have to get is a universal receiver and probable new remote.
The cost is around £60-80. Well worth it to sort the issue out.
Its a simple add-on box to your original receiver.
I had to buy two, one for the entry gate as well as one for the garage, but now sorted thankfully.

Feel free to PM me if you need any help if you buy one.
:thumb:

siy said:
Fantastic. Thanks very much guys. fingers crossed!!

Pleasure.
It really is a great fix, adding and zero mods.
Be better if you get the wiring diagram for your current receiver,that's quite simple to locate these days if lost or was already installed by others.
I'm here if you need. Anything is easy, the first time is always the difficult time.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back