Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wheel time

Tobesetc said:
Funnily enough, you've inspired me. I often wondered what my car would look like with darker wheels (black Fuchs on the shopping list) so today I've invested the heady sum of £20 in some wrap to try on my wheels as a "proof of colour". If... a-hem...if it's not a complete f-up, I'll share pictures. Otherwise, you'll never hear this mentioned again ;-)

...suffice to say, I won't be sharing photo's of wrapped wheels! :whistle:

cableguy said:
Too much silver on the Outer Lip IMO
Have a look at my MY02's which are for sale: http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=124182
Shameless plug is shameless :hand:

Funnily enough, I saw your wheels when you first posted them for sale - and thought that the silver band was too narrow :D

Both the 993 and 996 that you posted for inspiration have the full outer lip in silver too...

Nothing wrong with a shameless plug fella. ;)

Indeed they do have more paint on the outer lip, however the lip on a MY02 Wheel is not as heavy as a Turbo Twist, hence they suit the cars much more IMO.

C.

Here's an example of a Speed Yellow Porsche sporting Black Wheels with a fine silver lip. ;)

C.

Attachments

• lip_186.jpg
    lip_186.jpg
    329.5 KB · Views: 3,407

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back