Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Maf fault code implausable signal gen 2

deMort

Monaco
This is mainly for people searching for this fault in the future so no replys are needed .. unless you want to :)

EML light on .

Fault code for implausable signal from maf at idle and mid range .. possibly with another no communication fault from the maf .

The car is basically saying the voltage its seeing from the maf is outside what it expects to see .

Its an intermitant or none present fault code .

Logically you would think its a maf sensor ..

Basic check ignition on and is the voltage from the maf in the range of 0.9 - 1.1 volts ?
Yes .. its unlikely to be the maf .

Visual check of the maf for oil contamination is warrented .. it could in theory be an AOS .. if you look inside the intake mainifold you will see oil ..
This DOESNT mean the AOS has gone , a gen 2 AOS tends to make a loud whistling noise when it fails .

If you have had a flat battery .. or indeed a few as in my case then check the throttle adaption .. if you have a tester it may well say failed .

It goes into something called a False adaption mode which in turn means the maf signal is not interpreted correctly .. it can then trigger the EML light with maf sensor fault codes .

In my case i fitted a new battery , cleared the fault codes , reset the throttle adaption and jobs a good un :D

Your knowledge of these cars is outstanding.
Thank you

And I don't even have a Gen 2

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back