Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Interesting 964 Turbo on Ebay

stunning, i like the write up aswell,

long term ownership is a great selling tool,

its a shame they cost so much, also a shame that nothing modern comes close, but that's an old boring story now.

I like the look of that and it's only 10 mins down the road from me.

I'm no pricing expert but with that mileage does 65-70k sound about right for value?

If only I had the cash...

Expected to see a higher price tag ... looks great :thumb:

Looks an honest example but needs a thorough, non-rose tinted inspection.

It's had the engine rebuilt which is a main item but there are loads of expensive parts specific to only to the Turbo.

Also you want to be looking for proof of a suspension refresh (£3k+), does the new exhaust include new heat exchangers (very hard to find and a fortune from Porsche).
Brake calipers get plate lift, which can eventually render them useless, although it can be remedied a few times.

They're tough cars so can hide "niggles" well. It's only when you come to perfect one you realise the costs involved.

My old one was for sale at RPM last year. 105k miles, one of the last 3.3s on a '93 K plate. I'd had a full top end rebuild with 993T headstuds, etc.
The guy who bought it from me had a full Windows out respray and retrim to original spec.
It was up for £100k, then £95k, £90k, etc and I didn't see it sell.

So I wouldn't pay more than £70k for this one, although to be honest I don't think I'd buy it full stop. Things wear out and without a ground up rebuild some items will always feel their miles, so I doubt I'd ever be that desperate to own a certain model, if it meant owning a 200k mile example.

Looks nice in the pics but what 964T doesn't. :wink:

Funnily enough I heard about this car about a year ago. The chap who bought my 964T mentioned it although I don't think he actually viewed it. Very difficult to value as it could need lots spending on it going forward and will always have the big number on the odometer.

Stunning, great colour combo given the era. Hope someone on here buys it so we can see some more.

IT did have a bid on it, but doesn't anymore :?:

o***r(817) Retracted:£65,000.00
Bid:25 Jan 2018 at 5:26:59PM GMT
Retracted:29 Jan 2018 at 7:58:20AM GMT

:dont know:

It's a keen starting price and offset by the mileage that will put a lot off but shouldn't necessarily.

Suspension height looks good so that might indicate its been done at some point previous. new rubber boots it appears and tidy alloys.

Looks like the seats could do with a clean/re-dye, rear reflector/lights need replacing and I'd have done a better job fitting the tail pipes. I suspect that as we're pointed in the ad to the body the odd 'blemish' could highlight the usual rust areas to address - all of which I'd expect of not previously treated.

It looks to have good provenace and an honest example :?:

I suspect the retracted bidder had a look at the car and changed their mind

GC Motors in West Yorks have a LHD 3.3 with 83k miles for £85k on eBay Here. Allegedly a £10k restoration. :?:

However I'd rather take my chances on the cheaper/high mileage one OP has directed us to :grin:

ive never felt the desire to own a turbo, not that i don't like them, i totally love them, but its just another variable in your ownership, another cost etc,

they were mental when they were massive in the 80s, (the 930)

i am quite happy with a regular 911, more than enough poke for me :thumb:

If only he took Px!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back