Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Top Gear 200 cel big bore cats and mild sport silencers

Shurv

The time has come to take the plunge and do something about my splitting exhaust boxes on my 2002 C4S. After a lot, and I mean a lot, of time looking at all the different systems, I have gone for the Top Gear mild sport boxes, and am adding 63mm 200 cel cats. I have a rattle at low revs which is either the boxes or the cats, so I am taking the opportunity of doing the lot whilst it's on the ramp. Dove House are fitting it for me. My car has std boxes with a 1.5" gundo hack, and it sounds amazing, so I am a wee bit apprehensive about the sound it will make with the Top Gear set up.
It is booked in for fitting on 21st December, so I will update with my impression of the sound after that. I am off over xmas, so hopefully I will get some miles done. I will get DH's impression of the quality too, but I am only expecting good feedback from them.

63mm x-pipe. Should sound pretty good. Fingers crossed.

I will be very interested to know how the mild sports boxes combined with the big bore 200 cell cats sound , should be a lovely note and some bhp GAINS from the lighter boxes and the 200 cell cats.
see if you can get a sound byte done :thumb:

A quick update on the installation. The car now makes a nice deep growl on start up and up to 3k rpm, then it goes away when revved so not to be boomy at motorway speeds. My 1.5" gundo'd OE boxes sounded properly race car like, and possibly a bit antisocial, so these are much quieter at high revs. I am missing the sheer aggression of the old boxes, but enjoying the new sound. The car runs so much more smoothly with the big bore cats, especially at low revs. Pick up is also much smoother, and far less lumpy than before. I need to do a drive by video so you can hear the sound. Overall, I am happy with the result, and like the transformation.

Did you manage to sort a drive-by video yet?

galahad said:
Did you manage to sort a drive-by video yet?

yep sound byte please :grin: :thumb: good to hear your pleased with it , I honestly think these cars run better with a few well chosen mods the air in and gas out restrictions are so bad on the stock car ,I am not suprissed they sound so wheezy and seem so lumpy when stock :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back