Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
992 : 2019- 0
991 : 2011- 28
997 : 2004- 63
996 : 1997-2005 32
993 : 1993-1998 3
964 : 1989-1993 0
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 1
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 3
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 1
Early 911 : 1964-1977 2
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 30
Cayman : 2005- 23
Cayenne : 2003- 6
Macan : 2014- 7
Panamera : 2009- 0
912-914-924-928-944-968 0
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 0
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [992] 2018-Current
Porsche 911 [992]
911 [991] 2011-2019
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-2012
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

the_cynical_donkey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject: 911 - buying from OPC long distance advice - forum Newbie Reply with quote

Hello!

I am a Boxster owner looking to upgrade to a 911. Looking at approved used cars, OPC Chester have one that fits the bill, but I am based down south. OPC Chester don't have a lot of reviews online - positive or negative. My question is twofold

1. Has anyone had any experience with OPC Chester sales and after-sales?
2. Have you had experience buying long distance from am OPC where the car turned out to have problems?

Thank you very much!

spongebob squarepants
Long Beach

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No experience with OPC Chester, but bought long distance from OPC Leeds. car was exactly as described and as close to new as possible. And Leeds OPC have generally a bad rep.

Im presuming by problems you mean bodywork? Alloy/tyre, consumable parts such as brakes or Interior condition? As anything else will be covered by the warranty, and from previous experience that is everything.

I think if you ask detailed (really really detailed questions!) from an OPC its the safest bet possible when placing a deposit/buying unseen.

The after sales on any warranty issues with Chester is surely irrelevant as youll take to your own local OPC?

Welcome by the way Grin thumbsup
991 C2S PDK - X51 430 Powerkit, Dynamic engine mounts, Carbon GT2 folding buckets, PCCB, PDCC, PSE, Carrera S alloys, Sports design bodykit with ducktail and Alcantara steering wheel. If Carling did a 991S...
“Herman yellow, the last of the naturally aspirated”

Phil 997
Le Mans
Le Mans

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As SBSP says buying from OPC means 2yr full warranty and the service relationship you need to be good is with your local OPC as they are the ones to lookafter any issue you have Thumb If you already have a relationship with your local OPC you could always get them to speak to chester and get you the full low down on the car . welcome and good luck Thumb Thumb

the_cynical_donkey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spongebob squarepants wrote:

Im presuming by problems you mean bodywork? Alloy/tyre, consumable parts such as brakes or Interior condition? As anything else will be covered by the warranty, and from previous experience that is everything.

That's the sort of thing I was worried about. Have asked them for a tyre and brake condition report. Bodywork I can inspect when I get there. As you say that should cover pretty much all of it, it does give me confidence. Cheers! Thumbs Up

HSC911
Dijon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Dominic

Good luck with the search thumbsup

Boxster pics Camera

Say bye in the Newbie section too

Thumb

the_cynical_donkey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil 997 wrote:
As SBSP says buying from OPC means 2yr full warranty and the service relationship you need to be good is with your local OPC as they are the ones to lookafter any issue you have Thumb If you already have a relationship with your local OPC you could always get them to speak to chester and get you the full low down on the car . welcome and good luck Thumb Thumb

My local OPC have a similar car for sale, so I am not sure they'd be that helpful Very Happy Very Happy. But you are right, they are the one's who'd be looking after it so as long as I am happy with them. The only other thing I'd worry about would be the clocking but that should be covered in the 111 point check. Thank you!

the_cynical_donkey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HSC911 wrote:

Boxster pics Camera

Here you go.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1x_XfzDemJCot7_eisxWNYCw73N-GIvJz

A bit dirty Sad but its still quite lovely.

G2
Albert Park

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 911 - buying from OPC long distance advice - forum Newbi Reply with quote

the_cynical_donkey wrote:
Hello!

I am a Boxster owner looking to upgrade to a 911. Looking at approved used cars, OPC Chester have one that fits the bill, but I am based down south. OPC Chester don't have a lot of reviews online - positive or negative. My question is twofold

1. Has anyone had any experience with OPC Chester sales and after-sales?
2. Have you had experience buying long distance from am OPC where the car turned out to have problems?

Thank you very much!

1. No.
2. Bought a few remote but no issues...

. They should do a Walkaround video for you. Ask to see the car in detail ie interior as well. Also ask them or your local service department to check what work it has been in for and what recalls it’s had done. I’ve found most OPC service departments are fine with giving you this info as long as there is no personal data etc. The OPC that services the car is better to speak to if possible. Having the vin number helps.

Worth seeing if you can hold a token amount of the payment back if you are going to collect in person . head over early or the day before and check the car then pay. This eases the time pressure of payments clearing etc

Car will have porsche assist and the warranty, any issues early on and you can get it taken back to the supplying dealer to sort. Good luck with the purchase👍

Hamster75
Nürburgring

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I live in Chester but have had no connection to them beforehand, I bought used Manual 911- 997.2 -4 from Porsche Chester 3 years ago, I found them to be very good & fair price on my particular deal.

My car has had 3 pre-arranged services since with them all good, the ladies on the service desk were very professional good to me.

I had it in just before my used warranty expired last year & they went right through the car replaced several fairly large ticket items at no quibble, coolant hoses, right through, steering rack, window regulator maybe because Porsche were paying, but I have been very pleased & will go back in the future when ready to change.

Currently I am still loving my 911 & wish I bought one years ago.

deMort
Dijon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any car from an OPC should be to the standards of a 111 point check and min tread depths and brake measurements are part of this .

if you took the car to your local OPC and they found anything that would fail a 111 point check then OPC who supplyed the car would be footing the bill .... i have seen it in the past im afraid .

My solution .. car will be under warrenty when you buy it ..

get your local OPC to do a VHC check on it .. any problems and its your OPC phoneing supplying OPC to get them to pay for it .. again i have seen this and supplying OPC always pays.

A customer complaining to Porsche about this sort of thing is never good news for an OPC .

Thank you all so Very much .

She's not going until july 2020 though .

Mechanic

7pm - 9pm

Indy Mechanic .

the_cynical_donkey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone. worship

All the advice here has put my mind to rest. I am going to arrange to visit OPC chester soon for a quick look and hopefully will have a new set of wheels soon!

SGH
Spa-Francorchamps

2010 Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I drove from near Eastbourne to OPC in Bournemouth to see a vehicle that I was assured even from asking beforehand about paintwork that it was in perfect order. When I got there the poor colour match from wings to door was so obvious I walked away.

I have since been to see a vehicle at OPC in Tonbridge, front driver wing did not match door and passenger door had poor repair a sag in paint around door handle.

Totally unacceptable on a vehicle over £60k but usual salesman BS saying all vehicles get painted so it's to be expected.

ukrr

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

had 3 cars from chester. very fair dealer and any small issues with vehicle put right with no quibble. give it a good look over and highlight anything you re not happy with. they put 4 new tyres on mine when i asked even though the ones on it were legal. wouldn't worry if i were you

Rhodris-dad
Hockenheim

2015 Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have dealt with Chester for the last 3.5 years and have had no issues.

The franchise was Cornhill's from the Isle of Man, but now Rybrook have it.

I bought my car from Mid -Sussex without viewing it and only receiving photos a couple of days before picking it up.

I had been searching for a couple of months and when I saw it advertised (no photos) it had the right spec, so I jumped in.

The salesman said if I didn't like it when I went to pick it up, I could back out.
So don't worry, OPC preparation is second to none.

I was at the OPC this week and had a look around the cars as I was waiting for mine, all superb.

The 2012 997 GTS was a little expensive I thought at £71k.

If you do journey up, they have a new Exclusive series Turbo S on show (already sold) so make sure you have a good look at that.
Thumb

the_cynical_donkey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks @ukrr and @Rhodris-dad for sharing your experience! Ideally I'd like to drive down this weekend but all depends on domestic duties Very Happy Very Happy . It is a fair distance to travel for a day trip. I am leaning towards paying down a refundable deposit for the car to be taken off sale and then going up to chester next weekend when I have a bit more time.

The one I am considering is the 13 plate C2S for £71k with 11k miles on the clock.

ukrr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought my c2s 2012 there this summer. Upgraded from a 997s and really loving the 991 experience

the_cynical_donkey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick update. Drove up to Chester yesterday! Lovely car and now sold Very Happy Very Happy. Autos be delivered this week, I'll post some pictures. So excited.

spongebob squarepants
Long Beach

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick update. Drove up to Chester yesterday! Lovely car and now sold Very Happy Very Happy. Autos be delivered this week, I'll post some pictures. So excited.

Boom well done that man Thumb I'm presuming of course you took the Miami blue GTS off their hands Grin
991 C2S PDK - X51 430 Powerkit, Dynamic engine mounts, Carbon GT2 folding buckets, PCCB, PDCC, PSE, Carrera S alloys, Sports design bodykit with ducktail and Alcantara steering wheel. If Carling did a 991S...
“Herman yellow, the last of the naturally aspirated”

Rhodris-dad
Hockenheim

2015 Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoy Thumb worship

James M-S
Suzuka

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!
Did you manage to get a PEC Silverstone day thrown in?

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: