Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Value of 996 turbo steering wheel and airbag

Harry-996tt

Hi Guys,

After some help valuing the original steering wheel and airbag out of my 04 996 turbo ... 3 spoke in black leather off a manual car.

Was removed at 15k miles and replaced with a Cup steering wheel and since been stored away ... its in good condition which the odd mark from storage .... not sure what to ask for it?

Also have a spare Porsche cup steering wheel with horn push and boss kit which will be for sale also.

Thanks
Harry

I think it would depend on the colour to some extend.
Shipping airbags can be a real pain.

MC

If it is a 3 spoke, manual wheel then it will be worth a lot more than a Tip wheel - as above, colour is important

Sorry for lack of details .. it's a 3 spoke black leather steering wheel and airbag from my Manual 2004 turbo S.

Just replying to all PM's.

Thanks
Harry

Values seem to vary quite abit from what i see.

Anyone sold one recently or have a guide as to what i should advertise it for?

HSC911 said:
Harry-996tt said:
Anyone sold one recently or have a guide as to what i should advertise it for?

Douglas Valley Breakers have 3 at the moment all at £375.00 each:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PORSCHE-9...266279?hash=item41cf44caa7:g:ONQAAOSw3v5Yoakc

:thumb:

Thanks for your reply but that's the incorrect and less desirable wheel mainly found in boxsters.

Mine is from a later car with the stitching on the airbag like this:

Picture for reference .... mines all black

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-...400022?hash=item33deece856:g:IkAAAOSwYIhWjQyx

I was under the impression that the steering wheels in 986 Boxsters and 996s were identical.....

Have I missed something?

All i can say is please check the Mailing restrictions before posting or sending via courier the airbag .. its an explosive device and it should really be sent in a steel cage.

Better to be safe i think :)

Harry-996tt said:
Im getting advice on everything apart from the value :D lol

Thats very true .. i have no idea as mechanics dont know jack about this sort of thing but i learned in the second hand car market that price it expensive and see what happens .. someone may be desperate .. if not you can drop the price a bit at a time .

Ive seen cars advertised at a sensible price and didnt sell .. readvertised at a higher price and they did .. its a strange world .

What I can tell you is...
In the past I have bought two steering wheels on eBay to get recovered in alcantara:

Neither had a air-bag - both were the 3 spoke Boxster/996 version

First one was a $hit brown Tiptronic wheel in fair condition - cost me about £80

Second was a black, manual wheel in good condition - cost me about £130

I would say that if you add the air bag to this then you could add around £200 to the price - the unmolested airbags are expensive to get hold of. As previous comments though - transporting/sending one is tricky - best bet might to be try to find a local buyer.

So, my guess would be that as a private seller, it is worth around £250-300

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back