Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Silver 993 A31

sideways

Monza
Hi to the driver of the very nice 993 I passed onto the Hogs Back today.
It made such a nice sound I got Home and powered up the Autotrader internet monster. :eek:
It also seemed to have a nice bit of oomph.
:thumbs:

Saw a few of these out over Christmas around Cornwall and then heading back to London. Lots of road muck on them and looking super cool. Was impressed they were out being used.

tyinsky said:
Saw a few of these out over Christmas around Cornwall and then heading back to London. Lots of road muck on them and looking super cool. Was impressed they were out being used.

Drove my Adventura C4 down to Bodmin from Cambridge via Bridport over the Christmas break.

The road from Andover to Dorchester is great in many places. I have only just got round to cleaning the muck off today

After 13 years, I still love driving that car.

Kat1 said:
tyinsky said:

Drove my Adventura C4 down to Bodmin from Cambridge via Bridport over the Christmas break.

The road from Andover to Dorchester is great in many places. I have only just got round to cleaning the muck off today

After 13 years, I still love driving that car.

I was also down in Cornwall for a blast over the Christmas period.

As above, mines still waiting to be cleaned :D

Re: mpg

stichill99 said:
Low 20,s when cruising. Mid teens when enjoying myself!

I can't be driving hard enough! Mine's about 22-24 in mixed driving and around 28 on long distance motorway trips...

I honestly don't know what mpg I get and the day I start thinking about it will be the day I sell it and buy an eco house and a plug in hybrid... :grin:

C.

I get about 18-20 out of my 991.2! So much for progress on that front!!
But i honestly don't care, the other half's car is for moving from A to B. :D

Re: mpg

martinfc said:
stichill99 said:
Low 20,s when cruising. Mid teens when enjoying myself!

I can't be driving hard enough! Mine's about 22-24 in mixed driving and around 28 on long distance motorway trips...

Last time I drove through France heading for the Pyrenees, the old girl averaged 28MPG on the autoroute at a steady 80-85MPH.

Around the Pyrenees that dropped to around 18MPG. I only checked it as I was with a bunch of bikers and I could manage one stop to their two on the way down.

Progress? I did the same trip in a brand new MINI GP (Supercharged) a few years back, and averaged just 15MPG around the mountains. :D

Generally around the UK she averages around 20-22MPG

tyinsky said:
Kat1 and Wozy, I probably spotted you both as there can't be that many out in the depths of winter!

Quite possibly :thumbs:

wozy said:
tyinsky said:
Kat1 and Wozy, I probably spotted you both as there can't be that many out in the depths of winter!

Quite possibly :thumbs:
drove mine today from Henley on Thames to RPM - to get the A/C fixed!!

Raining, windy dark narrow roads. Handled it all beautifully. Promise that I'll clean the underside when I get it back.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back