Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 Oil Pressure sender suspect

systech1

Monza
Went for a "spirited" run yesterday in my MY2010 997.2S in the "warm" weather here in Adelaide (around 35 degrees C) and got a "Oil pressure monitoring defective" message and the oil pressure reading went to zero.

Curiously after cooling off oil pressure reading was back to normal and message disappeared.

After a bit of research this would appear to the beginning of the demise of the oil pressure sender. Looks like a pain to replace hidden behind the oil filter with limited access.

Anyone had any experience of this fault and/or replacement technique?

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Not much i can help with im afraid , ive not seen this or had to replace one as of yet .

Picture is of where it is but i cant find any instructions as to whats involved to replace it .

Maybe with oil filter cap removed you can get behind it but without looking its hard to say .

Attachments

• sender_1_695.jpg
    sender_1_695.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 2,212
My 996 did this. Porsche replaced the sender and it was fine after that. Not had it on the 997.2 so far.

Demort said:
Ok .. hold the phone .. ive found the instructions .. send me an email addy and ill forward them to you .

PM sent. Thanks again for your help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back