Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Swaying towards Turbo!😚

Where would anybody get to use the power of a turbo in this country apart from a track?

i have never known so many speed traps and ways for you to get points or banned, the roads are totally saturated with cameras and vans,

i poodle about in my old 911 and you cant go more than a mile before there is a cyclist, an idiot doing 40 in a 60, a horse, a tractor and that's without the police traps, you get a little bit of pleasure doing 60 and then you are into another village and its 30 again, and now 20 in some places, then its roadworks,

its killing driving pleasure, motorways are just places where the thought of doing a ton is history nowadays, i just wouldn't dare,

so whats the point of all this power on cars nowadays?

Palladium said:
Where would anybody get to use the power of a turbo in this country apart from a track?

i have never known so many speed traps and ways for you to get points or banned, the roads are totally saturated with cameras and vans,

i poodle about in my old 911 and you cant go more than a mile before there is a cyclist, an idiot doing 40 in a 60, a horse, a tractor and that's without the police traps, you get a little bit of pleasure doing 60 and then you are into another village and its 30 again, and now 20 in some places, then its roadworks,

its killing driving pleasure, motorways are just places where the thought of doing a ton is history nowadays, i just wouldn't dare,

Ask a biker :)

true, every time i see a racing bike it's taking the mickey, i don't know how they pull it off and keep their licence.

Palladium said:

Said no petrol head ever! 😂😂😂

Have you spoken to 911V? When are you off to see it!! 😂

Been a bit hectic this week....I may also be moving the C4S on separately so waiting on an answer.....It exceeds my original budget, although it looks a good one. Ideally I only wanted to spend £40-45k max. I have made up my mind to look at it, but if I'm honest I've spent a small fortune on the C4S recently and feel a little like I bought it a little on the high side. If I am to spend top money again it needs to be a get in a enjoy car without needing money spent!

What's wrong Palladium you sound like someones just told you Santa's died!

Move to the North, some of the best driving roads anywhere, Plod is about but you just have to keep your wits about you!

Scotland used to be great but they've put Avg Speed cameras nearly everywhere so you have to be resourceful and find the roads up in the hills, the Inverness to Fort William road is a personal favourite, early morning or late at night to avoid the tourorrists!

ragpicker said:
Move to the North East, or better still, Scotland.

Lots of open roads with no ***** on them, let along police. My cars get regularly exercised properly, no worries there :wink:

Seconded. :D

maybe i just need to get on the autobahn, i am still smarting from a speed awareness course, its got me all paranoid i think, :thumb:

Palladium said:
Where would anybody get to use the power of a turbo in this country apart from a track?[m/quote]

Ha ha, loads of places!

Palladium said:

I assume this was a rhetorical question ?

Track days are NOT the 'be all and end all' of driving no matter what the fans of them say.... yeah it's good to know there is nothing coming the other way , but there is not much better than an early morning or late evening run out on a B road of your choice in your area or indeed as chaps have said on here an alternative more scenic location Scotland /Wales.. etcetera ...
True there are money making average speed cameras on main arterial routes in Scotland but there are plenty of alternatives if planned well...
'Eastern' quoted the Inverness to Fort William route as a classic , rightly so....
I'll give you The Cairngorms National Park as another , any way or direction you want to approach it will present you with excellent roads where you can stretch the legs of your chosen beast , be it a Turbo or an N/A version .... and there is always somewhere you can unleash the HP..
I take your point on too much power at times but surely a 911 Turbo is the classic enigma of being able to do it all .... be in supercar mode at any moment or back off it and be the equivalent of the other range models and drive more reservedly ........
Isn't that the charisma of the 'Turbo'........ it is for me ......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back