Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Immobiliser socket

Please excuse my ignorance, but who / what is H & P?

bodmin said:

As I understand all or most 993 sold in the UK had an Thatcham approved immobiliser fitted by Porsche UK - They subcontracted the work out to Hamilton and Palmer (H&P) who are near Sevenoaks in Kent TN15 6PL.

As the immobiliser is not Porsche Germany manufactured, then if any parts are required you need to go to H&P.

Kat1 said:
bodmin said:

As I understand all or most 993 sold in the UK had an Thatcham approved immobiliser fitted by Porsche UK - They subcontracted the work out to Hamilton and Palmer (H&P) who are near Sevenoaks in Kent TN15 6PL.

As the immobiliser is not Porsche Germany manufactured, then if any parts are required you need to go to H&P.

Thanks - I'll keep a note of that.

Guys, an immensely helpful thread,

And by means of update my port or receptacle (as its officially known) was in the cars lower dash. The dash is being removed for clean and paint. The H & P immobiliser cable needs to be cut and the new port and cabling I've purchased will be soldered on as per H&P instruction and the help of the above thread. Parts £52.50.

cheers

Ian

Croydon said:
The dash is being removed for clean and paint.

Ian

Hi Croydon,

Sorry to hack the thread.

Any chance of pics of the dash before and after paint? I would like to see what it looks like.

Thanks if you can :thumb:

ATB :)

decgraham said:
Croydon said:

Ian

Hi Croydon,

Any chance of pics of the dash before and after paint? I would like to see what it looks like.

Sure ill pm you as I progress.

Croydon said:
decgraham said:
Croydon said:

Ian

Hi Croydon,

Sure ill pm you as I progress.

Thanks Croydon much appreciated :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back