Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Stuttgart factory

agate grey

I have heard that during the 2nd quarter of 2018 the factory at Stuggart is halting production of the 991.2 until Sept/Oct, is there any truth in the rumor?

Heard the same thing from the head of sales at my local OPC. He thought it was something to do with Porsche re-tooling for the next generation 911 (apparently a first in the entire production life of the 911!!!) and could only think that was because of a need to include hybrid/electric devilry.

Am very confused now though as I thought I'd read someone high up saying that the 911 is not going electric/hybrid in the immediate future due to weight etc.? :dont know:

Stuggart Factory Break

If production starts up again in late Sept early Oct then its possible the production is for the new 992!!!

agate grey said:
I have heard that during the 2nd quarter of 2018 the factory at Stuggart is halting production of the 991.2 until Sept/Oct, is there any truth in the rumor?

Not sure about production, but the factory is definitely closed 16th July to 17th September. Confirmed by the factory tour organisers when I was sorting some 2018 trips.

I heard they were reducing production of the 911 and were tooling up for production of electric cars. this was going to apparantly going to cause delays in delivery of new 911s :?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapp
Back