Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Time For A New Pressure Washer

Can't beat a Kranzle but if you are in a hard water area it is worth fitting a filter at the inlet.

Kranzel are very good if within your budget. As everyone says Nilfosk are great value, and have brass fittings, not like the Karcher plastic ones.

Brilliant timing on this as I need a new one too. My dad has a petrol one that has a 15hp petrol engine and it is a beast.
My topic de jour to search for is Niflisk by the sounds of things

My Nilfisk is running strong still!
Absolutely brilliant. :thumbs:

Also check the flow rate of your water supply (how many litres per minute) to make sure it can meet the demands of the pressure washer and always drain any excess water out of it after use. If the pressure washer freezes with water inside something will get broken.

Mine is the Kranzle 1050TST which is a 7.5L/minute machine and I am very pleased with it, only issue has been getting crud in the water causing it leak pressure when not washing causing the fuse to pop.

Don't think I'll ever buy a Karcher again. It's like triggers broom, had more spare parts thrown at it than I don't know what.

I had a Karcher for a few years but it stopped working and, before I could take it apart to investigate, Aldi had some on sale. The basic washer for about £70 has been really excellent, certainly much better than may older Karcher. They also had a petrol powered machine but that really did look like overkill.

Pretzel said:
Karcher and Bosch, both packed up and were not repairable. Tried a Nilfisk which was ok, but then moved to a Kranzle which is very good.

I've heard that the Kranzle is a good machine , but the operating pressures look very high... are they adjustable downwards so that the HP is controllable?

Last thing you want is high pressure , would blow the lacquer and paint off..?

What's your impression of it?

Nilfisk all the way. brass connections unlike Karcher who moved to Plastic fittings and its all gone down hill from there

I bought a nilfisk 110 like 7 years ago and its not missed a beat apart from having to replace the main rubber hose once as it split. and that was because I had been lazy and not unravelled properly.

it was £70 off ebay and came with lots of accessories. more than enough pressure for car, driveway, patio etc. small and portable.

sth like this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nilfisk-...797475?hash=item33e0336823:g:rtoAAOSw301aZFqR

£75 delivered to a store near you!! perfect size and application.

Andrew911 said:
My Karcher K4 home is on its last legs (very little pressure & seems to surge). Have had it only three years but is used almost weekly to clean my car. Thought it would last longer tbh. But I guess its still quite good value & still comes up high on reviews. I could go for an entry level Kranzle home use pressure washer for an extra £100 ontop of the £200 Karcher. The Kranzle seems very well made - brass + stainlessl connectors etc. Oh I will also need to add an additional £50 for a snow foam connector/bottle.

Anyone have experience of the Kranzle or what would you recommend?

The karcher pump looks easy to replace going by the YouTube vids.

I inherited a professional karcher (grey body) recently, and it is a cut above, as previously mentioned. RRP £700 though!

Kranzle has been very good and the pressure is adjustable.

In addition to the car and a small boat its also used with a rotating Patio Cleaner which saves a lot of mess.

Check out Karcher Outlet. There are good savings to be had there. That is where I bought my present one. They usually have all models for sale but if not they will email you when the one you require is in stock

cheshire911 said:
I use Nilfisk after three Karcher washers.
I'd recommend Nilfisk as a better build quality product in my budget up to £150.

This...

Have a high end karcher & its been problematic from day 1.

From experience, the next one I buy will be a Nilfisk.

I bought a nilfisk c120 about 6 years ago it's been perfect that whole time. The c120 model is 100 quid, it's got 120bar and 440l/hour which is enough, for car, decking patios etc the model below is about 20 cheaper and has lower pressure and flow, the model above is double the price but only has 130bar and same flow rate. The soap dispenser nozzle it comes with is only OK, spend 35 on a proper snowfoam one, think I got mine from clean your car. The turbo nozzle end with they come with is the daddy, just be careful with it really close up on the cars, removes old varnish off my garden furniture easily.

For those of you with experience of a Kranzle, is this overkill for fortnightly car washing and annual driveway cleaning (180 sq metres of paviors) and wooden decking ?

Attachments

• k1152tst_139.png
    k1152tst_139.png
    137 KB · Views: 10,758

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robertcloftus
Back