Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 20" alloys on a 997

I enquired to 2 OPC's last year about fitting 991's and categorically informed not to do so under no circumstances. Geo would be out, the scrub radius wouldn't be central affecting handling and the rolling circumference for the speed and odo meter would be incorrect.

After some research it seemed what they were saying was correct with sizes and offsets. :?:

So ultimately I passed on the idea and didn't risk the chance of altering the car aesthetically or Insurance premium / investigation should the worst happen.

MNC911 said:
I enquired to 2 OPC's last year about fitting 991's and categorically informed not to do so under no circumstances. Geo would be out, the scrub radius wouldn't be central affecting handling and the rolling circumference for the speed and odo meter would be incorrect.

After some research it seemed what they were saying was correct with sizes and offsets. :?:

So ultimately I passed on the idea and didn't risk the chance of altering the car aesthetically or Insurance premium / investigation should the worst happen.

Interesting, seemed fine on mine. Circumference is dealt with by using the right profile tyres so thst isn't an issue.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back