Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The dealer left a PIWIS 3 tester in my car

We found a LV purse in an apartment in Italy we were staying at whilst packing up to go home. £2k in sterling, $600 USD in it, drivers license and a couple of credit cards..

Turned out it belonged to an WTA tennis player who lived in Miami. My wife emailed her from the info on one of the cards in the purse and arranged to send it back, all money etc included.

Few weeks later she got a mention on her instagram account, another week later a package of the most minging chocolates from her native country arrived with a lovely thank-you note.

Its nice to be important, but its much more important to be nice :thumb:

Rather strange.... but as a passing comment it shows not all cars or customers get their cars cleaned after a service, otherwise it would have been noticed.

MNC911 said:
Rather strange.... but as a passing comment it shows not all cars or customers get their cars cleaned after a service, otherwise it would have been noticed.
I request a vacuum only as if it's going to get scratched I want to be the one responsible

I found a handbag one Sunday morning outside my house. iPhone, purse, make-up, etc. in it. Battery on the phone was flat so luckily, girlfriend had an iphone charger. Charged it up and sat waiting for it to ring as the lock was on it. Fortunately her boyfriend called it and I told them where I lived. They came round and collected her bag with everything, including money and keys still intact. She'd dropped it getting out the taxi at 2am and not realised. She'd actually been ringing the local nightclub thinking she'd left it in there.

The beaming smiles on their faces when they collected it was enough of a reward for me. :cap:

Found a coppers wallet on the train with the id card in it when I was living in Kent.

I rang the station leaving my number and to ask him to get in touch for a 'good deed' he had done. That was cover for get in touch asap and he knew it.

Met him later that day down the local pub as he was quite close and I have never seen someone so happy to see me as that is a sackable thing. Declined a reward and was just happy to see him so happy.

About ten days later I was a bit naughty and on the phone in traffic and got blue lights....it was the same bloke and he was like 'i know you don't I' . Er yep was my reply u sure do ;-) Needless to say he jumped in the passenger seat, we had a chat and a laugh and I was on my way with a wagged finger and a smile.

Now that was karma!!

I left my computer bag on the train, wallet and all, and realised as the doors shut. The station guard said he would ring ahead to Croydon to get the staff to take it off there so I followed on the next train but they hadn't done anything about it, Christmas eve too.

Later in the day I got a call from the depot, they'd got my bag and found me from my business card. I managed to get to the depot just before it closed for the holiday and gratefully opened my wallet to reward the lady who had helped me but there was no money left, even the Polish Zloty had gone! Still everything else was intact.

I got a message via Linkedin last week at 10pm, from the station manager at Marylebone to say that my wallet had been handed in with £105 and all of my credit cards in there! Faith in humanity restored.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back