Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

"Category A" write-off law?

Loads of Porsches are Petrol/Gas on the log books. You can get it updated, but for Eurotunnel just leave Reg TBC.

911tom said:
:?: assumably it's someone with their reg as a username...

Phew! Even though I already knew it wasn't mine, I still had to check. Strange how easily the seeds of doubt can be planted sometimes. :?:

Anyway, hopefully it's no-one on here.

Could the Cat A status just be related to the plate (if its a PP)? mine showed a warning when I bought my C4s.... It was related to the plate being on a maroon Renault Megan :eek:

I dunno. Some sites were showing it as a 991 (which it isn't)??? But I'm guessing they've used the date from either when the plate was added to the car or when the car may have had to be re-assessed to ensure it was road worthy.

FRZ 911 said:
Phew! Even though I already knew it wasn't mine, I still had to check. Strange how easily the seeds of doubt can be planted sometimes. :?:

+ 1 - phew :eek:

Just an update on this. A fellow member HPI'd the said vehicle the other week and it came back clean and not a write-off. All I can think is there's an issue with autotrade and the data it has is out of date. If it was a private plate, I can only think it was on a previous car that was written off :dont know:

alex yates said:
Just an update on this. A fellow member HPI'd the said vehicle the other week and it came back clean and not a write-off. All I can think is there's an issue with autotrade and the data it has is out of date. If it was a private plate, I can only think it was on a previous car that was written off :dont know:

Mine came up on a cheap check as CAT C but on the full report it was registered against the registration number the car used to wear, which was a private plate, and against an Audi Q5.

Category A, or 'Scrap' cars

These are the most badly damaged cars around, and cannot be repaired. They can only be crushed for scrap.

Category B, or 'Break' cars
These cars are still very badly damaged, and are again beyond repair. However, their parts can be salvaged and recycled if they're still in a repairable condition.

Category S, or 'Structural' cars
Cars in this category have sustained damage to their structural frame, but can be repaired and re-sold. If you're thinking of buying a Category S car, make sure that a qualified mechanic has inspected it.

Category N, or 'Non-structural' cars
This is the equivalent of the previous Cat D category, and identifies a car that is damaged, but has not suffered damage to its structural frame. The updated code notes that even though Category N cars haven't had their core safety structures damaged, there may still be safety-critical parts – such as suspension or steering components – that will need replacing.

Ref .. https://www.whatcar.com/advice/buying/cat-d-need-know/

With the old cats on page 2

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back