Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.1 C4S Aqua Blue - 1 month in thoughts and detailing pics

blackram said:
Thanks RB. Very impressive finish. How much correction was needed? Just swirlmarks or was there damage to the paintwork? Always amazes me what these guys can do!

Just swirls and now has 5 year coating that will hopefully protect it as long as I look after it (which I will). He did my previous C2S in Basalt Black and commented that it was much worse in comparison. He says Porsche paint is hard which is a good thing for stone chips etc but difficult to cut and correct. He posted some before and afters of swirls, his work is immense to be fair.

It's great reading these 991 posts.....I have my finger on the trigger for a WB 991 this year....... The 4S above looks wonderful.

~ Maxie

Maxie said:
It's great reading these 991 posts.....I have my finger on the trigger for a WB 991 this year....... The 4S above looks wonderful.

~ Maxie

Take it you have had 911s before? Have you seen anything you like?

Lovely looking car and best colour! But then I'm biased :)

But I think you'll find it's Sapphire Blue Metallic not Aqua!

Six speed said:

I know Sapphire and Aqua are very similar be interesting to know exactilly which it is :?: I was under the impression that Sapphine was slightly lighter than Aqua, sort of somewhere between Cobalt and Aqua :dont know:

Phil 997 said:
Six speed said:

I know Sapphire and Aqua are very similar be interesting to know exactilly which it is :?: I was under the impression that Sapphine was slightly lighter than Aqua, sort of somewhere between Cobalt and Aqua :dont know:

True, I thought Aqua was a bit lighter with a bit more green tinge. Now I don't know. Mines Sapphire.

Six speed said:
Phil 997 said:
Six speed said:

True, I thought Aqua was a bit lighter with a bit more green tinge. Now I don't know. Mines Sapphire.

:floor: :floor: no me neither now , cant say I have seen a green tinge on my aqua if it is its not as obvious in the sun as the purple was on my midnight blue gen1. think we have confussed each other :grin: :grin: :thumb:

mine's definitely Aqua, just went outside and stared at it :grin: :grin: still not sure if the OPs is sapphine or Aqua :grin: :grin: going to have to get some side by side pics :D any excuse to see more pics of blue 911s :thumb: :thumb:

Attachments

• thumbnail_1_299.jpg
    thumbnail_1_299.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 2,556
  • img_3817_179.jpg
    img_3817_179.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 2,556
It's definitely Aqua. It does look slightly different in some lights but no doubt it is Aqua Blue.

RB79 said:
It's definitely Aqua. It does look slightly different in some lights but no doubt it is Aqua Blue.

Well thats cleared that one up :grin: :grin: :thumb:

Maxie said:
It's great reading these 991 posts.....I have my finger on the trigger for a WB 991 this year.......

~ Maxie

Just do it they're great cars :thumb:

Very similar Sapphire Blue

Attachments

• fbc23337_dafd_4b60_8dd1_b68c1eb543cf_133.jpeg
    fbc23337_dafd_4b60_8dd1_b68c1eb543cf_133.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,488

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member