Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Current 997.2 GT3s

FZP said:
That sounds fantastic. Are you still in mourning?
It's still in my garage FZP, it will be collected around March. I also have a first choice buy back agreement ;)

kas750 said:
9005rm said:
Another 997.2 in at JZM:

https://www.jzmporsche.com/used-vehicle-details/Porsche-911-U1387/

Club sport, but lots of owners and given the exhaust, presumably no OPC warranty. No lift or carbons, though perhaps that's less to go wrong as it is a club sport. The brake disk in the picture looks a bit worn though.

Number of owners is irrelevant and no pccb's and no lift (which is realistically the only good reason to have a warranty) is a big bonus.
What's not to like. :thumbs:

You don't want lift or PCCB on a 997 Clubsport. While the ceramic disks last ages on the road, they have a decidedly shorter life on track and steel is much, much more cost effective (the pedal feel is different, but the braking system is sufficiently powerful that stopping power is tyre rather than brake limited on the GT3 - you don't need to listen to people who have read too much marketing either, but rather look at all of those 997 racing cars out there on steel rotors). As for the lift - while useful on a predominantly road use car, on 997s which are tracked extensively it has had an alarming tendency to fail expensively (kas750 above is very correct about it being a warranty justification).

The brake disks - what that tells you is that it has certainly seen track time but they certainly aren't spent yet (with stock drilled disks, the propagation of cracks from the vent holes dictate replacement on a track used car - you will bin them for that far before they wear too thin. Which is why the disks-of-choice tend to be non-drilled aftermarket alternatives such as Alcon, Performance Fiction or Brembo).

Number of owners isn't too important though - people often buy these, don't really use them much then move them on. Since a few years ago when the prices started going up instead of down there are also people buying them specifically not to use them. Warranty isn't that much of a biggie either - buy with the stock exhaust option and as long as it has a stamp in the book every other year you just pay the OPC for the 111 point check and warranty fee and you are there.

I am with kas750 and think it is a great car for someone. Though I am of course biased as exhaust aside it is very close indeed in spec to my one (even down to the colour).

Having owned said car for the last year I can testify that it is absolutely perfect and wants for nothing, as has been mentioned before I specifically did not want PCCB or lift so was the ideal spec for me.

I had the exhaust fitted summer of last year and it is a thing of beauty not only the quality of workmanship but the noise, oh the noise!!! That's with the cats left on. There is a de cat option also which I'm told is absolutely hilarious.

It was never tracked in my ownership , just treated to a full Kamikaze ceramic detail and a few outings on warm dry days.

Had no intention of selling it but popped into see the guys at JZM recently and saw something that gave me the 'tingle' that I could not resist!! So can't really justify having them both.

The number of owners was a complete irrelevance also, if you want a low mile, gen2 clubsport they ain't exactly growing on trees!!

m119cars said:
Had no intention of selling it but popped into see the guys at JZM recently and saw something that gave me the 'tingle' that I could not resist!! So can't really justify having them both.

Was it the 991 GT3 clubsport? :)

apollokre1d said:
m119cars said:

It was yes, but not the white one, this one had literally just arrived and didn't make it onto there site.

m119cars said:
apollokre1d said:
m119cars said:

It was yes, but not the white one, this one had literally just arrived and didn't make it onto there site.

That's good timing :) Amazing how close the prices are between a 991 and a 997 clubsport considering their mileage.

The jzm clubbie looks a nice car, has the dual z lamps too. Altough a rally spec halogen in the high beam on the regular zenon is much better. I don't think those discs look tracked at all. The OEM disc will start to crack in no time on a circuit those just look like lack of use which the owner on here seems to confirm?

4.5 k for the akra aint the best deal in the world but not bad and im sure there's wiggle room. If you take the akra make sure to get the std exhaust too. The akra install should be mapped really i think. Interestingly when looking on the Akra site they dont list the full Evolution system for the 997 anymore, just the slip on centre box?

The chart suggests a fair bit of torque loss low down but makes it back in spades later on.

Attachments

• 351e1b58_e5f7_42f7_9e03_7fce45d32cf3_126.jpeg
    351e1b58_e5f7_42f7_9e03_7fce45d32cf3_126.jpeg
    373.9 KB · Views: 4,946

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back