Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

WANTED: OEM 997.2 GT3/RS front section of roll cage

Ate you putting into a track only car or does it do both street and track?

Street to get to track.

I know what you mean. Will need to wear harness at all times vs. standard seatbelt.

Have an rs decklid in my store room if you want it

mm450exc said:
Street to get to track.

I know what you mean. Will need to wear harness at all times vs. standard seatbelt.
:thumb:

Well - they are still available so you could just buy one new, but I am guessing that you have seen the £4k or so that they charge for them and are seeking an alternative. I know that senoj has one that he hasn't fitted (which was also the last time that I ever heard of one being available on the open market) so you could try messaging him to see if there is a number that might see him part with it. Otherwise you may be talking about unicorn tears there - since the only way to get one is to order from Porsche motorsport and have it retrofitted it is extremely rare to come across them separately from the car that someone paid a huge slab of cash for them to be fitted in. While close to unheard of on UK cars, they are a bit more common on the continent so widening your search overseas would certainly be step 1.

Good hunting :thumb:

I have two sets of 997.2 front cages in my parts hoard from very low mileage cars. Will probably use one for one of my cars. Wasn't intending to sell one but PM me an offer and I'll see if it motivates me.

PM sent.

Anybody know if a 2011 GT2RS front roll cage is the same as a 2010 GT3RS/GT3 cage? I bet it is but of course part numbers are different...

mm450exc said:
PM sent.

Anybody know if a 2011 GT2RS front roll cage is the same as a 2010 GT3RS/GT3 cage? I bet it is but of course part numbers are different...

I think there was/is a double side impact bar version. Could be that

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back