Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

944 turbo (SOLD)

Hi Keith, she should sell all day for 13k in the current market, I've seen the car and can confirm she's in excellent condition and I know you've done a lot of work to her. How anyone can say it's only worth 5k is a joke, one was snapped up for 5k a few weeks back on Facebook and it was rotten!

igaffz said:
Hi Keith, she should sell all day for 13k in the current market, I've seen the car and can confirm she's in excellent condition and I know you've done a lot of work to her. How anyone can say it's only worth 5k is a joke, one was snapped up for 5k a few weeks back on Facebook and it was rotten!

My window cleaner bought a 1986 turbo in white for the princely sum of £2800 a week or two ago. Yes needs TLC but drives fine.

Rather than reinforcing what a bargain it is just buy it if its so cheap at £13k.

I'm not in the market for one! If I was I'd give it serious consideration. I've seen the car several times and can assure anyone interested it's in excellent condition, the lads trying to sell his car and your not helping with your flippant comments and out of touch valuation. What you should've done out of curtousy is say nothing.

Thats your opinion - the other side of the coin is reality and not wanting a novice classic car buyer to walk into this without eyes wide open. Thanks for your opinion. I'm never in the mkt for cars as such but if I see a genuine bargain I can't help myself.

Do you really believe my comments would hinder this cars sale in the current very buoyant classic car market if its a genuine bargain?

Have you considered perhaps the thread title is misleading and the price is still perhaps too high if a sales has not occurred?

The 10,000 + offer from a dealer, if real, is worth considering.

I know someone who spent £200,000 restoring a black 1981 W107 SL. Asking price £50,000 and its still for sale over 10 yrs later.....

I'm happy to report that a deposit has been secured for the sale of my 944 turbo!

The deal will be completed early in January when the buyer returns from his xmas holiday abroad.

Cheers, Keith

Thanks Kas,

It's taken a while but got there in the end. I'll continue to watch your threads with interest.

Cheers, Keith

woohoo... excellent news Keith; does that mean you now have your eyes on something else :D

Thanks Mark, despite my ocd to look at all Porsche cars for sale, I intend to sit on my hands for the time being.

However, if you can squeeze a very nice 997 turbo into your garage, I know where a very good example will be coming up for sale shortly, it's a tiptronic.

Cheers, Keith.

The car sale was completed today.

I'm enjoying some excellent email exchanges with the new owner who is making plans as we speak to collect the car. Given the icy conditions, it may take a little while.

It's the first Porsche for the new owner (Andy from Essex) and I remember being in a similar position many years ago. I'm hoping he will enjoy the experience, I have suggested he joins this forum to get the most out of his latest aquisition.

Cheers, Keith.

Great news Keith. You can concentrate on enjoying the other two now. See you soon.

Hi guys,
I'm Andy the proud new owner of this lovely turbo! Lots of thanks to Keith, John and D&G, I'll be keeping up with all the good work that Keith has done with the car. I have a few performance upgrades I'd like to do in the spring, nothing to drastic as I'd like to keep it oem+ and just enjoy it. I have a 335whp MX5 turbo that is for all the crazy stuff. As Keith mentioned it is my first proper foray in Porsche ownership, I did purchase a 997 Gen2 GT3 nearly 10 years ago now but due to some unfortunate circumstances I had to sell the car. By the time the purchase was finalised and the car delivered I literally only had it a few weeks before having to let it go, so never got to enjoy it. :sad:
If it's ok with everyone, I'll keep updating this thread with my progress rather than starting a new one. Any advice and recommendations will be greatly received!
Thanks again
Andy

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back