Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Illuminated side steps

v8fettler

Can you get Illuminated tread plates/sill guards/side steps for the 997? is the car pre-wired for them?

I ask as I've just customised some for my mums Discovery Sport with her signiture, and thought I might have a pop at mine if its simple enough to get to. I've got the stainless 'Non-illuminated' option on at the moment, but fancy doing something a bit different with it.

Cheers

Like this:

416.jpg

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

joke_alert.gif

You can get them from Porsche
take a look at the tequipment section of the porsche website,
circa £700 from memory

I don't think the cars come prewired for them

mark pearce said:
circa £700 from memory

As above, carbon versions are circa £1200 :floor:

Some Gen 2 cars show this in their spec - Preparation for illuminated door sill guards - but don't have them fitted. I'd expect they would be able to accept them later.

The wiring for them is a separate option code and unless they were fitted when the car was new you aren't going to have it. No idea if it is viable to retrofit but you are probably going to be talking about a lot more money than a rational person with a day job would ever think that it was worth (i.e. far more than the cost of optioning it on a new car).

Disco said:
The wiring for them is a separate option code and unless they were fitted when the car was new you aren't going to have it. No idea if it is viable to retrofit but you are probably going to be talking about a lot more money than a rational person with a day job would ever think that it was worth (i.e. far more than the cost of optioning it on a new car).

Disco is spot on. The build sheet option code is XES for the prep wiring. Then a code for the finish eg XXD for the carbon illuminated ones.

Had one of mine replaced under warranty when the light panel failed, they were £750 per side apparently. The light panel is not a simple bulb :?:

From memory the wiring runs inside the chassis rail rather than under the panel holding the boot/funk switches.

I need to see a pic of illuminated sills saying " mums disco" :grin: :grin:

mark pearce said:
circa £700 from memory

On the money when I checked last time. I didn't think it was worth it.

~ Maxie

I wouldn't buy them (for that amount anyway) on a new car , but.......

I do have them on my car which I bought when it was five years old and I must admit I rather like them.....it certainly a nice feature to have see below. :thumb:

Attachments

• carrera_4s_2_611.jpg
    carrera_4s_2_611.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 4,718
  • carrera_4s_1_131.jpg
    carrera_4s_1_131.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 4,718
It is indeed a nice to have.

Attachments

• image_862.jpeg
    image_862.jpeg
    1,000.1 KB · Views: 4,680
carrera_4s_1_131.jpg

Sorry for thread hijack but howare these fixed is it by double sided tape and are they easy to remove ?

I've got sames ones as posted above and got what looks like bits of crap under the C ans S letters.

It is double sided tape but they are really held in place well .. plastic wedges and something like brake cleaner to dissolve the glue to remove .

For the OP then if you dont have the wiring then any electrician / mechanic could wire them up .. its not hard .

I have them on my Turbo S- the carbon fibre version. (I think this was a 1000+ optional extra).

Nice little touch, not vital by any means, but nice to have, gives the interior a more premium feel, makes it a nicer place to be.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back