Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Carbon interior - real versus dipped?

AdeD said:
T8 said:
Red in a red car = :thumb:
Red in a black car = :thumbdown:

I quite like Red in a Black car!

Interior.jpg

Interior4.jpg

Interior8.jpg

Ade, theres a perfect example of red working well when carefully chosen :grin: :grin: :thumb: lovely job

Phil 997 said:
AdeD said:
T8 said:
Red in a red car = :thumb:
Red in a black car = :thumbdown:

I quite like Red in a Black car!

Interior.jpg

Interior4.jpg

Interior8.jpg

Ade, theres a perfect example of red working well when carefully chosen :grin: :grin: :thumb: lovely job

That does look great - seems to be that we have a winner and carbon with red details is the way to go! Is that factory carbon Ade?

Phil 997 said:

Cheers Phil :thumb:

galahad said:
That does look great - seems to be that we have a winner and carbon with red details is the way to go! Is that factory carbon Ade?

No mate, came from DBCarbon. OEM Quality 8)

AdeD said:
No mate, came from DBCarbon. OEM Quality 8)

It looks like DB Carbon wrap OE parts?

Had a very reasonable quote from http://carbonfibreit.co.uk/ so think I'll go with that option for the centre console and horseshoe surround.

demon said:
Not convinced either of these really apply to that little strip across dash (which is held in by some serious awkward bastard fixings by the way - basically if you plan to remove it, put some extended time aside to being upside down in pain and commit!)

I opted for the extended leather option - just my personal preference, but I bet its also the more exclusive one on sheer numbers - works well in a 996 interior, as it unifies the random collection of trims bits, rather than accentuating the fact if you get the balance a bit off........ aka that wood trim monstronsity on the previous page!

Each to their own I guess. Mine is a C4S so comes with the extended leather option anyway, but to me, that just highlights the slightly naff feel and finish o some of the other bits!

Thanks for the feedback re those three trim strips. Have you any more detail on how they're held in?!

OK, having read the previous posts, it's a marmite decision, both real carbon, or the hydro dip version (don't get me started on the Di-noc 3M stuff!).

So, with that in mind, I'm looking at Seat Backs. It's a large slab of plastic, which is usually silver-ish, unless you optioned a body colour or the horrendously expensive carbon seats. By using real carbon, if you scratch the polished face it's simply a case of spraying it back with clear and re-polishing.

I just need to get hold of a donor seat back to take a mould off, and then we'll mould from pre-preg carbon.

Looked on eBay, found whole seats for £500+ but no seat backs on there own.

What sort of price would be acceptable for those of you who would be tempted? Once he's made the mould, making pairs will be easy enough to spread some of the cost. I've seen a US product selling for $1,200, so that's a good starting point, possibly? Or is that a chunk too far?

v8fettler said:
OK, having read the previous posts, it's a marmite decision, both real carbon, or the hydro dip version (don't get me started on the Di-noc 3M stuff!).

So, with that in mind, I'm looking at Seat Backs. It's a large slab of plastic, which is usually silver-ish, unless you optioned a body colour or the horrendously expensive carbon seats. By using real carbon, if you scratch the polished face it's simply a case of spraying it back with clear and re-polishing.

I just need to get hold of a donor seat back to take a mould off, and then we'll mould from pre-preg carbon.

Looked on eBay, found whole seats for £500+ but no seat backs on there own.

What sort of price would be acceptable for those of you who would be tempted? Once he's made the mould, making pairs will be easy enough to spread some of the cost. I've seen a US product selling for $1,200, so that's a good starting point, possibly? Or is that a chunk too far?

These are available

http://www.supertweaks.com/porsche/...era-997-gen-1-2-carbon-fibre-sport-seat-backs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back