Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Replacement standard engine mounts

MMT said:
rhino-man said:
MMT said:
searider said:
rhino-man said:
MMT said:
I've just ordered a pair from Rockauto £104.03 delivered. I think it's plus import duty. 4-12 days delivery.

That was cheap, coming out at £94.39 for two mounts + £32.53 for delivery which seems a bit stiff.

I've just ordered from there too. Don't forget they are coming from the US.

Mine were £92.94 plus £11.09 shipping. I've just input the order again and the shipping I picked isn't showing now. I think it's was something like economy 4-15 days.

That explains it then, price difference is just exchange rate I expect but perhaps the shipping options vary from time to time.

Somebody posted a 5% off code which I used and may account for the price difference.
I've got a tracking number and mine are on their way with DHL.

I got the same delivery cost - although I expect to be asked for some duty before delivery. Mine have left the warehouse too.

Re: why do I bother

timm996 said:
In a comedy of errors, I thought I would fit my new mounts. Fitting with all new bolts, one last tweak, the ***** snapped of, despite being a new 8.8 bolt it just snapped....
ok drill it out and the drill snaps off, despite using low pressure, it snapped as it was about to break through.

so what next??

any ideas welcome.

Oh dear. Did you attempt the drilling with it dry? Can you get anything on the drill bit? Long nose pliers?

Hard to see from the pic.

Can you get a punch in from the other side a knock it out?
You may have drilled all the broken bolt out and the flutes of the drill have grabbed as the drill was breaking through. You need less pressure and faster speed to minimise this happening.

Thanks i must have been too slow. I'll try reverse side drill and see if I.can poke it out. Didn't realise the bolts were only 25lbs torque.doh.. Hopefully someone can learn from this. A night of work awaits.

MMT said:
Somebody posted a 5% off code which I used and may account for the price difference. .

Just google "rock auto discount code" and paste it in the "how did you hear about us" bit. Free 5% - I love free beer.

They will also send you a code after you place an order.

searider said:
MMT said:
rhino-man said:
MMT said:
searider said:
rhino-man said:
MMT said:
I've just ordered a pair from Rockauto £104.03 delivered. I think it's plus import duty. 4-12 days delivery.

That was cheap, coming out at £94.39 for two mounts + £32.53 for delivery which seems a bit stiff.

I've just ordered from there too. Don't forget they are coming from the US.

Mine were £92.94 plus £11.09 shipping. I've just input the order again and the shipping I picked isn't showing now. I think it's was something like economy 4-15 days.

That explains it then, price difference is just exchange rate I expect but perhaps the shipping options vary from time to time.

Somebody posted a 5% off code which I used and may account for the price difference.
I've got a tracking number and mine are on their way with DHL.

I got the same delivery cost - although I expect to be asked for some duty before delivery. Mine have left the warehouse too.

Have you tracked your parts?
Mine are in Germany now by the looks.

Attachments

• img_4093_163.png
    img_4093_163.png
    99.7 KB · Views: 3,865
Mine are still in the US.

searider said:
Mine are still in the US.

Any news on yours mate?

Mine have been in customs for 5 days with Parcel Force, but have been realeased today so will hopefully get them this week.

I had an email from Rock Auto saying I needed to contact DHL re a potential issue. I rang and there was no issue as such and they gave me the tracking number for Parcel Force.
How do they calculate import duty do you know?

Attachments

• img_4316_526.png
    img_4316_526.png
    158.5 KB · Views: 3,706
Mine arrived in Customs this morning. Parcelforce are thinking about duties I guess.

It will be a percentage of the declared value I think.

It's a bit of a pain having to wait for a letter asking for them though!

Sadly it can depend on the courier, the Post Office charged me a set fee for collecting the VAT on a CD recently and it was about £15 IIRC - more than the CD and VAT combined!!!

maldren said:
Sadly it can depend on the courier, the Post Office charged me a set fee for collecting the VAT on a CD recently and it was about £15 IIRC - more than the CD and VAT combined!!!

I was just reading a post on pistonheads about this. They're saying they've told them they're not prepared to pay the extra. They knew what the cost were when they advertised their postage costs so it's wrong to add it later on.

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&t=1718372&d=0#seperator

MMT said:
I was just reading a post on pistonheads about this. They're saying they've told them they're not prepared to pay the extra. They knew what the cost were when they advertised their postage costs so it's wrong to add it later on.

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&t=1718372&d=0#seperator

As someone says on the pistonheads thread, Royal Mail won't hand over the parcel until you pay, they really give you no choice, just like when something is sent without a stamp and you have to pay a penalty.

I ordered up a new set through rock auto before Christmas but just selected the postage option with the pre paid customs etc. They arrived at my door within 7 days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back